1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DC Power Rear Window on a AC?

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Tunderps, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Sep 8, 2020 at 1:07 PM
    Tunderps

Tunderps [OP] New Member

Member:
    Can the DC Power Window assembly be installed on an AC truck?

I've yet to see a DC in the scrap yard to pick apart.

[​IMG]

Does not appear to be overly complicated. I know guys install Titan power windows into Chevy's all the time.

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 8, 2020 at 1:22 PM
    035VZFE

035VZFE Restored a Tundra top to bottom

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vero Beach, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2009 Passat B6 2.0 Turbo
    ECS Tuning DV Spacer ECS Tuning Turbo Muffler Delete ECS Tuning Luft-Technik CAI System A-Spec 60mm Charge Pipe Straight piped from resonator back, stock cat and downpipe
    That's an interesting thought. I had the rear seats out of my AC a while back, but there wasn't even any space larger than a hair behind there. It's pretty tight. Adding something behind there would take away what space you have. Also, the wiring and fuse system is a lot different than the DC.

3. Sep 8, 2020 at 1:51 PM
    shifty`

shifty` Our private little trip to hell

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited V8/4WD
    (see signature for truck info)
    This has been asked a number of times. General consensus is: NO. Not without totally removing the rear seats and fabricating a box for the scissor and other guts to live in. It's not clear if the rear window opening between AC and DC is the same geometry either, it's possible they're not quite the same shape. Nobody I know has bothered to measure due to the need to remove the rear seat backs permanently due to how it's all bolted together.

But oh man, do I hope someone proves this wrong some day. Would need to have an AC, have a DC parts vehicle, then pop the rear seat backs, check for the proper provisions to mount the scissor and other internals. Having a side-by-side comparison would be interesting to see. I guess you could always swap the glass for a non-sliding AC glass, so glass shape isn't necessarily critical here.

bassman417 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top