1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dash replacement speakers - Infinity REF-3032's fit?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RB1, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Dec 1, 2018 at 7:40 PM
    RB1

RB1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Sport DoubleCab 5.7
    Anyone replaced the speakers in the R & L dash?

I have 2018 Tundra DC, non-JBL ... already have replaced F doors with Infinity REF-6530cx, R doors with REF-5030cx + Rock Fos sub ... I also do have the OEM dash speakers wired with the doors ... the whole thing sounds great but I'd think the weak point would be the OEM dash speakers. I was considering these ...

https://www.infinityspeakers.com/speakers/REFERENCE+3032CFX.html

Whatcha think?

2. Feb 15, 2019 at 8:01 PM
    taymcmillen

taymcmillen New Member

Member:
    Did you end up swapping out the dash speakers? I was looking at the same Infinity's. If my research is correct (for my 2008 JBL) the dash are 2ohm and these are 3ohm so might be less volume overall. I'm also slightly worried on the fit but figured I could squeeze them in.

3. Feb 15, 2019 at 8:56 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I just installed these as part of the tech12volts dash speaker group buy. They wire up easily, sound great but are definitely a bit quieter. The sound is much more clear and crisp though. One if the factory bolts fits but you need to use a self tapping screw into the plastic for the second mounting screw, very simple and I did it with a stubby screwdriver because its tight working near the windshield

20190214_233113.jpg

4. Feb 16, 2019 at 6:33 AM
    taymcmillen

taymcmillen New Member

Member:
    Thanks for the info. Looks like you just cut the speaker off the harness and wired it up that way. I was thinking about doing that also, didn't know if I had to use the capacitors that came with it. Just ordered mine

5. Feb 16, 2019 at 7:43 AM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Some say they have a pop noise when starting the truck with the capacitors on. I didn't install the caps but I will when I have time, I didnt even realize they were un the box lol. And yes just cut the wire off the old speaker and wire them to that, the green wire is + and black is -

Products Discussed in

To Top