1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Costco Tire Balance

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by fairclothr1, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Dec 21, 2018 at 9:02 AM
    fairclothr1

fairclothr1 [OP] Here and There Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2009 Sand Mica Tundra TRD
    Plasti Dipped grill and badges. Shorty antenna.
    So I am taking my Tundra on its first trip further than 100 miles and want to be sure she's ready to go. Swapped my leaf bushings for Coachbuilders and put a little weight in the bed to try to reduce bed bounce. My oil is freshly changed and the drive shafts are greased. Was trying to think of what else could help make it as comfortable as possible and figured I'd get my tire balance checked. Called the dealer I bought it from, where my wife knows the service manager, and they said it'd be $70!

I work across the road from a Costco and figured I'd call. They will balance tires not purchased from them for $5 per tire. No tax, just a flat $20. Done! Took about 45 minutes. They called me while I was waiting and said one of my valve stems got broken when they were putting the tires on a cart, and they didn't have a new TPMS in stock. Totally owned it and put a hard stem in for the time being to be sure it was balanced in case they didn't get a new sensor before I left. That was Wednesday. Yesterday, Thursday, got the call their shipment came in. Went immediately and they remembered me and I was done in less than 30 minutes.

They have my tire business at this point (my truck had brand new K02s, so will be a long time before I need another set). Top notch customer service and cannot beat the price.

Just thought I would share. I live in COS and this was at the Costco by I-25. I am by no means affiliated with them, just had to rave about the great price and service. Your mileage may vary.

:) :thumbsup:

20181219_172047.jpg
    20181219_172051.jpg

NewImprovedRon and 15whtrd like this.
  2. Dec 21, 2018 at 9:08 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Thanks! Good to know. I will keep them in mind when the time comes for new tires. I’ve always gone to America’s tire. The one thing I like their 0% financing for six months. But I’ve had a few instances where they wouldn’t own up to something umless I figured it out.
    Once America’s tire broke three wheel studs between two wheels, off of my buddies Dakota, they didn’t say a thing. Had to call them out on it. They tried to deny it, then ultimately paid to have them repaired.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  3. Dec 21, 2018 at 9:17 AM
    fairclothr1

fairclothr1 [OP] Here and There Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2009 Sand Mica Tundra TRD
    Plasti Dipped grill and badges. Shorty antenna.
    Agreed! I would never go back if they did that to a friend.

15whtrd likes this.
  4. Dec 21, 2018 at 9:18 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I never went back to that specific location. Found a manager at another branch who seemed to have my best interest in mind. I also shared with him my past experience. I always let them know that I am very anal. I am like a hovering parent watching them, but I always make sure to tip them well. They will even price match if I find it cheaper anywhere else, and beat that price. When they see my history of all the tires I’ve bought from them in the last 22 years, they know I am a valued customer.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  5. Dec 21, 2018 at 9:22 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Exactly.

Products Discussed in

To Top