1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Complete Platinum JBL sound system value?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Lightning_Lad, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Nov 26, 2021 at 1:18 PM
    Lightning_Lad

Lightning_Lad [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Orange CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Sky Platinum Pro
    Line x Bed liner Trifold Tonneau cover TRD PRO Dual exhaust TRD PRO sway bar TRD PRO air intake TRD PRO suspension TRD PRO LED 2019 Headlight conversion TRD 2020 Wireless charging tray TRD shift knob TRD PRO Grille TRD red anodized dust caps (+25 hp per wheel) Matt black mirror caps and door handles Tesla style Headunit KTJO 4x4 tail gate pop n lock upgrade Driver side grab handle Viper Remote start Viper alarm system 18” Method NV’s 33.5” Toyo R/T ESP Long box underseat storage 3M ceramic tint
    Hullo,
    I have a 2017 Platinum with the factory upgraded JBL sound system.
    I never had issues with it, I upgraded my head unit to a tablet style and then the Kenwood DDX9907R.
    I’ve been saving up and acquiring some nice parts to do a complete audio upgrade.

I am considering selling the entire factory setup. Head unit, speakers, amp, JBL sub woofer.
    Mostly because I have a garage I can’t use because of lack of storage.

What $value should I list it for ?

2. Nov 26, 2021 at 1:27 PM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
  3. Nov 26, 2021 at 2:20 PM
    DerfM

DerfM Knows nothing about trucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro MBM
    My opinion, the only thing with any value is the head unit as a replacement for someone's that is bricked or damaged somehow. It'd be hard to find anyone looking to ADD this system to their truck, most everyone seems to want out of the situation.

GLWS, I'd personally keep the sub and the HU and chuck the rest. If you need to return it back to "stock" these are the only two components that would be noticeable.

4. Nov 27, 2021 at 4:57 PM
    Bentarm13

Bentarm13 New Member

Member:
    My .2$ when I replaced everything after a very rocky start the guy who finally fixed my system stated I should have kept the amp. Not for power but it would have made fine tuning the system even better. As far as the rest of the system, worthless unless as stated someone needs the head unit.
    You can always place it for sale, box it up and wait..

Products Discussed in

To Top