1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Color and qty of light bars, how much is too much?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by HingleMcringleberry, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Feb 21, 2021 at 9:50 AM
    HingleMcringleberry

HingleMcringleberry [OP] New Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Dbl Cab SR5 Offroad
    BP51 Shocks, Dakar Leafs, Icon Delta Joint UCA's, Falken WP 315/70 R17 w/ Method 703's.
    Hello there,

I've been tossing around upgrades to my 2019 DC, and have my eyes set on a steel bumper from either Demello, C4, or CBI. Once I come to grips with my bumper indecision (likely another 3 mos), I plan on getting a light bar for said bumper, and another light bar to install in the hood bulge. I do a fair amount of off roading, and have noticed my LED headlights just don't do as much as I'd hope. The advice I am looking for is:

1) Do I need both light bars, practically speaking

2) Does the color of the light bar matter, specifically one with one up higher, and one down low?

3) Is my approach correct? Should I be looking at ditch lights to substitute a light bar?

Thanks in advance for the input!

2. Feb 21, 2021 at 12:16 PM
    ToyotaManager

ToyotaManager Toyota GSM

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Double Cab 4x4
    3”x1” Lift Painted front end to match. Painted back of mirrors. LED light bars, upper and Lower front. LED running and Fog Interior LED’s. LED tail lights and 3rd light. Underneath LED’s. LED strip for braking and turn signals. Lock and Roll power Tonneau cover. Locking tailgate. Swing out tool box in rear. Bed step. Leather Heated seats. Amplifier with upgraded speakers with 2 Subs. Carven R mufflers Emblem black outs TRD sway bar. Red Caliper covers. Parking sensors Blind spot monitor. X Series Black 20” Gunner wheels with 37” all terrain Ridge Grappler tires.
    I love mine when needed! They are extremely bright. They are wired independently from any other lights on a separate push button.

140562F6-C22B-4A85-9DE5-283FAFF62A59.jpg

3. Feb 21, 2021 at 12:52 PM
    eick

eick New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 CrewMax TRD Off Road
    I was going to do the hood bulge light but decided against it since I’ve seen reports of some people ending up with cracked hoods from it.

sticking to ditch lights, one bar in the bumper and two KC lights on top of the bumper. If that’s not enough for what I’m doing then I’ll just wait til the sun comes up

I like the ditch lights as I get some higher light from it without having to cut the truck up for a roof bar and get little hood glare

4. Feb 21, 2021 at 2:54 PM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Red CM TRD sport 4x4
    Welcome to the forum. There is an entire subforum dedicated to lights https://www.tundras.com/forums/lighting.20/

I would suggest posting and reading there for all your lighting needs and questions. Good luck.

@Squatting Pigeon

Products Discussed in

To Top