1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cleaning out A/C vents?

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by 270Fan, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Dec 9, 2020 at 9:35 AM
    270Fan

270Fan [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Silver Tundra 4x4 DC
    My '04 DC has been a hunting rig since it was first bought (by previous owner). The guy off-roaded it a LOT in very dusty areas and always had the windows down (and I expect the a/c on recirc). Since I have had it the truck has been spent a lot of time hunting in dusty very dusty areas. The result of all of this is that the interior is FULL of dust. I took the door panels off to upgrade the speakers and the dust in the doors was probably 3" deep. The carpet gets a vacuuming every now and then but there's plenty in it. Seats have covers on them and are okay underneath.

Plan over the next month or so is to pull the carpet out and clean (replace if necessary), clean the seats and put on new seat covers. The problem is the A/C vents which are FULL of dust. I'm not talking just the condenser (which I've cleaned), you can look into the vents and see the dust stuck to the walls. Any insights on how to clean these? I expect I'll have to pull apart the dash but hoping not to.

2. Dec 9, 2020 at 3:29 PM
    Professional Hand Model

Professional Hand Model A.K.A ‘Golden Hands’

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    ‘Somewhere’... a State of Mind
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 4WD 4.7L AC Silver Metallica
    Hand Protectors
    Pull the dash apart and disassemble what you can. Use a flexible stick with a rag taped up and plunge the areas where disassembly is not an option. Its not too bad of a job on the driver side. Start there by removing the lower panel and you’ll be surprised. Lube all those levers and cables whilst in there.

270Fan[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top