1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Christian healthcare ministres

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Alloutdrs1, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Oct 23, 2018 at 6:38 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Alloutdrs1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    17' Tundra SR5, 12' Tacoma TRD offroad
    Christian healthcare ministries, anyone using this? Dave Ramsey talks about them and from what I have found online they see to pay the bills without an issue. It isn't exactly like insurance but like a co-op per say.

I'm really thinking of going this route for my healthcare as I am tired of the premium prices going up on me every year, and I'm pretty much paying everything out of pocket if I do have to go to the doctor. Pretty much just have insurance for catastrophic illness or injury. This CHM program will run me about $148 a month.

If anyone is signed up already in the CHM program I'm interested to hear if you like it or not.

2. Oct 23, 2018 at 6:43 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
  3. Oct 23, 2018 at 6:51 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    From what I understand, it’s only good for something really serious like cancer. If you break your leg, you aren’t covered.
    You also have to pay your medical bills up front and have them reimburse you. Just no real guarantee of anything getting paid. I haven’t researched it or experienced it personally.

4. Oct 23, 2018 at 6:58 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I'd stay away from these co op like companies. I work in healthcare and see way too many loopholes and room for errors with the co ops. I can't speak directly for this particular company but in general they seem sketchy to me

5. Oct 23, 2018 at 9:16 PM
    aperezsh

aperezsh Blessed are the peacemakers

Member:
    First Name:
    Ali
    cal-exit landed in GA
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crew Max Magnetic Gray Metallic
    A little this and that...Broke now
    MY BIL has medi-share, family of 6, 5k deductible they are very happy with it. I don't know the monthly cost..

6. Oct 24, 2018 at 6:59 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    That's the one I am looking into joining. For what I pay in health insurance right now and I still have to pretty much pay for what I go for out of pocket anyways it seems to make sense for me. I paid about 6k this past year and I haven't stepped foot in a doctors office (thankfully). With the Medishare program I'm looking at $1,776 a year leaving me with a gain of $4,224 that I could invest in like an IRA for retirement.

aperezsh[QUOTED] and Pudge like this.
  7. Oct 24, 2018 at 7:05 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I have a high deductible plan, but luckily I don't have a weekly or monthly premium as well. I just put what I would pay for a regular plan into my HSA. Has saved me thousands over the years, I rarely go to the Dr and have about 8k in my HSA which I use whenever i need to and can roll over to an IRA when I choose to

8. Oct 24, 2018 at 7:08 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    I currently have an HSA as well because my plan is high deductible but that's a separate cost aside form the monthly premium. The plan requires me to have the HSA since its high deductible.

That's a sweet deal you have there.

Pudge[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Oct 24, 2018 at 7:12 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Only catch is I have to use my hospitals network, I'm a nurse in the ER there. The expense out of network are significant. My neurosurgeon for my back is out of network as is my daughters pediatrician. But all in all it's ok. Gets worse every year but I have seen the writing on the wall for many years, so I loaded up my HSA while I could. New plan for next year is high deductible but will have a weekly premium, just waiting to see what it'll be.

Products Discussed in

To Top