1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PennSilverTaco's Aspergers (and general BS) thread!

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by PennSilverTaco, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Mar 10, 2017 at 6:10 PM
    Thegr8punkin

Thegr8punkin A G.D.M/Sofa King Cool/COTJ's dreamboat

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 blue sr5 2wd
    2 +5 hp stickers
    I'm glad your alright and that it appears that every thing seems to have worked out for you.

4x4_Angel and PennSilverTaco[OP] like this.
  2. Mar 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I personally believe bad things happen to good people, and we all make mistakes. I would flat out be a liar to say since receiving my DL at 14 1/2 years old, that I may have popped on a blood test for being over the limit, or close to it.

That being said, I also believe that one DUI should be the limit. Next one a lifetime loss of DL, with the stipulation that if ever caught driving after would be life in labor camps.

I had an employee that I tried helping with alcoholism. He was awarded 4 DUI's in 1.5 years and just enjoyed harpooning his car into power poles or Type 129 residential transformers. He was placed on house arrest for 3 years. That is 17.50 a day x 1095, plus alcohol classes and supervision. All said and done after fines, fees, classes, two random UA's per week, and transportation for 3 years, SR22 Colorado filing for insurance, he could have purchased a fully loaded 2000 F-350 Lariat truck and paid cash. I could have fired his ass on another issue I had when he brought an unloaded gun into work to sell. I went out on a limb, it wasn't loaded, I did talk to the individual that was supposed to buy it. He did break policy, but didn't have bad intentions, just a dumb ass. I am a big gun guy, so I gave him a pass and went to bat for him on upper management. He worked hard, did a lot of overtime and had been clean up to that point in his alcohol rehabilitation. I had to conduct training to all crews on the policy and that there is a zero tolerance after this training. That was fun.

Three years past and he completed the program. Our work crew took him out for dinner to celebrate his accomplishments on being sober for 3 years. We were all so proud. That next weekend he torpedoed his car into another power pole. He missed 3 days of work due to minor injuries and jail time and I fired his ass on principal alone. DUI number 5 in five years.

Some people are not worth saving and should be treated like rabid dogs.

040Tundra, Law323, MotoTundra and 3 others like this.
  3. Mar 10, 2017 at 6:49 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Eventually we are going to be like Russia and dash cams will be all over the place.

Many people lack integrity and with all the rediculous lawsuits in this country, it often benefits people to lie. In reference to crashes, on many occasions without a witness, it can be word against word, which often means the innocent person suffers.

It's sad.

I'm glad you and the truck didn't get too banged up.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  4. Mar 10, 2017 at 6:57 PM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco [OP] Encyclopedia of useless information...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    It gets better... I didn't know the Benz driver's history until about 5-6 months after my truck had been fixed, and 6-7 months after the actual accident. I got a subpoena in the mail and then the prosecutor called me, and that's when I found out this career alcoholic scumbag killed someone while driving drunk in the 1980s (close to 30 years before he almost ripped the back bumper off my truck).

Yup, it gets better! This guy tried to apply for Pennsylvania's accelerated rehab program, but the prosecutor rejected him due to his past offense. Unfortunately the statute of limitations meant this was treated as his first DUI, even though he was denied access to the rehab program. He only lost his license for a year (should be getting it back in about May or June) and got 40 days in jail, to be served on weekends (because of his age, presumably).

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Mar 10, 2017 at 7:00 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Unreal.

6. Mar 10, 2017 at 7:08 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    And the drunk driving part isn't what pissed me off at first. I have a few close friends who got DUIs when they were younger (pulled over on suspicion and didn't cause an accident, and more importantly didn't hurt or kill somebody). They learned their lesson and when they get drunk they call Uber or Lyft, or a cab. Some of them sleep it off in their vehicles or at a friend's house, or even close enough to walk home. Just because somebody has a DUI in their past doesn't make them a bad person

For the first 6 or 7 months after the accident, I had no idea of this guy's past... I highly doubted that at 70 years old this was his first DUI, but I never would have guessed that he killed somebody. All I wanted was my $%&*@ Tacoma fixed! I did not get hurt at all. I always wear my seatbelt, by the way. Either way, I didn't even really feel the impact. I was making a left, and the driver of the Mercedes just floored it... I said to myself "Oh fuck, he's totally going to hit me." What followed was a dull thud. I then pulled over to the side of the road, turned on my hazards, got out, glanced at the damage you see in the above photos, and then started swearing.

7. Mar 10, 2017 at 7:13 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    You're not gonna tell me the employee got his license back after 5 mother-effing DUIs, are you?

I work in Doylestown and also party in Doylestown too...

If someone gets pulled over and arrested for DUI in Doylestown Borough on a Friday or Saturday, there's a good chance that one of the vehicles driving past the scene is an Uber with me totally hammered in the front seat, laughing with the driver about how somebody's losing their license!

8. Mar 10, 2017 at 7:19 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    Today (March 7, 2017), I was in the area and took some pictures of the intersection where the accident took place with my phone...

This is a picture of the 3-way intersection where the accident occurred:
    [​IMG]

My stop signs and the spot where I stopped my Tacoma are both marked in red; The other driver's stop sign and the spot where his Mercedes was stopped are both marked in blue:
    [​IMG]

A closer look (Again, my stop sign and where I stopped marked in red; Mercedes driver's marked in blue:
    [​IMG]

Right after the guy hit me, I pulled over to the curb in the area circled in red, got out of my truck, saw the damage he had done, and immediately started cussing him out:
    [​IMG]

The area circled in red is roughly where the old man pulled his Mercedes over. At least one of the responding officers parked their police SUV where the Verizon cherry picker truck is parked:
    [​IMG]

The night I got hit, I was doing exactly what the black Jeep is doing in this photo, though unlike the Jeep driver I actually stayed far enough to the right that the guy in the Mercedes had no excuse to hit my Tacoma:
    [​IMG]

Once again, the area where I pulled over immediately after the guy hit me is circled in red, and the location of the Mercedes when I starting making the left turn is marked in blue. The red arrow marks the approximate location of my left door when the guy slammed into the left rear corner of my truck:
    [​IMG]

The approximate location of my Tacoma's front bumper when I stopped at the stop sign is marked in red. The approximate location of the Mercedes from the time I stopped until I was almost through my left turn is marked in blue (the Benz was not that visible):
    [​IMG]

Path of my Tacoma marked in red; Path of Mercedes marked in blue:
    [​IMG]

The approximate location of the Benz's bumper while stopped is marked in blue. He just floored it while the back end of my truck was still in his path:
    [​IMG]

Another POV showing the paths of my truck (red) and the Benz (blue) with the approximate location of my truck's left rear corner at the time of impact marked with a gold "X":
    [​IMG]

9. Mar 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Glad you're ok buddy.

Idiots like this should never be allowed to drive after a DUI when they actually kill someone!

You can barely walk when drunk...how the hell can you fathom DRIVING?
    I would be lying if I said I never drove drunk in my college years. Thankfully, I never got popped OR had an accident. Now as I'm older, I see just how stupid an act like that is.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  10. Mar 10, 2017 at 7:48 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    Same here, though I never actually drove drunk. The worst I ever did was like 4 beers in 3 hours, and keep in mind I am still almost 6 feet tall and weighed over 260 pounds at the time, so I was 98% sober by the time I drove home.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  11. Mar 10, 2017 at 7:58 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Irish and Cajun French, 6'3" and 225.....I usually went through double the beers in half the time in college. Considering how much I drank, I'm surprised I never had a hangover. Now, I'll have two maybe theee beers max on a night out with the wife. Buzz never lasts more than half an hour, but even then, if i know I'll be having a couple, I'll either uber home or let the wife drive home. I don't take chances like that anymore no matter how small.

12. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:02 PM
    209TRDPRO

209TRDPRO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD PRO
    Just lights for now
    Wow that was a lot of reading. I was looking for the part where you total the truck from insurance and you post a picture of your new tundras...

13. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:03 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    My wife got hit by a city bus recently. The bus driver lied and said my wife had swerved. The bus wasn't at the light when it turned green and my wife started across the intersection. The bus was overtaking her in the turn lane, on her left. Everyone was OK, the damage was minimal and didn't affect the value of the car 'cause it was one of the VW diesel gate things. But just thinking about that Douche bag bus driver and then the cities racketeering insurance co..... I think it's time for the dash cam!
    Glad it worked out for ya Charlie. And, NO! Given his record the guy should NEVER be allowed to drive again!

14. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:06 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    Texting drivers are another thing...

ColoradoTJ and Law323[QUOTED] like this.
  15. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:11 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    You know what's even worse?

I had my driver's license for almost 4 years before I had my first actual accident, in March 2015... And my first actual accident wasn't even my fault...

My back bumper was a bit banged up (I backed into things at low speeds a few times) and one scrape was starting to rust...

I got rear-ended by a woman in a 2006 Toyota Highlander and got a brand new rear bumper at the expense of someone else's insurance company!

The bumper you see in the pictures that's almost been ripped off my Tacoma is the NEW bumper that the woman's insurance company paid for... OEM Toyota bumper... $1,200 parts and labor...

My insurance company cuts costs by using cheaper "aftermarket" non-OEM parts whenever or wherever possible if the vehicle is older than 2 years. My truck was WAYYY older than 2 years... As a result, I had to settle for an aftermarket non-Toyota rear bumper which still pisses me off to this day...

16. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:12 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Don't get me started to texting and driving.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  17. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:13 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    I'm with ya there!

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  18. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:22 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    I had one hangover that lasted an entire day... The result of drinking 5 or 6 "Puck Bombs" (Monster Energy drink and vodka in a party bomber) and 3 or 4 beers at Puck, the bar where I work (it was the weekend before Christmas in 2015 and some coworkers and I had a spur-of-the-moment drinking night). We went to another bar nearby where I did a shot of Patrón with a coworker and drank a couple more beers, then went back to Puck where I ordered another beer. Then I called an Uber, went home, and woke up with my first real hangover. By the way, I had actually been working that night, but my parents happened to drive to town for dinner. They offered to take my Tacoma back home with them so I could have fun with my friends, so the Tacoma was safe at home by my third beer...

I can safely drink a beer or two and drive home an hour and a half later...

However, when I know I have a sober ride home, I have impressive drinking skills...

19. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:23 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    Honestly, I never drove drunk, but being hit by a drunk driver really opened my eyes and got me to wise up quite a bit...

831Tun[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:27 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    When driving my truck, I'm guilty of messing with the air-conditioner and even more guilty of fiddling with my fancy touch-screen head unit, but I don't take my eyes off the road...

I did however pull over to the side of the road one time to send a text, and I turned on my hazards, and a 50-something woman driving by thought I was slumped over the steering wheel passed out!

She was probably glad when a young guy told her he'd pulled over to text instead of texting and driving...

I've been rear-ended by a texting driver, 7 months before the drunk guy hit me...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:29 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Yep. Happens all the time. The fines are stiff in CO, but it doesn't seem to work. Hell, it isn't even the worst state. I came from Montana, where you don't have to insure motorcycles. There is a reason one might see a Harley in a blizzard up there. I had a Ninja 750 in High School and my annual insurance was 150.00. Hell, my last sport bike wasn't that cheap in my late 30's.

http://www.denverpost.com/2009/04/25/dui-arrest-stats-staggering/

22. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:32 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    I got rear-ended by a texting driver 7 months before the drunk hit me...

2015 was a bad year for me... Got my driver's license in May 2011, had a minor mishap where I hit a pole and dented the right rear fender in February 2013 (less than $1,100 in damage to my truck; didn't go through insurance) but literally went 4 years without an accident at all. Then I renewed my license for the first time in February 2015 and the shit the fan...

Got rear-ended in March 2015...

Rear-ended someone else in July 2015...

Got hit by the drunk in October 2015...

23. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:53 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Good thing you drive a yota!!

24. Mar 10, 2017 at 8:55 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    And that's another thing... The annoying "Buy American" people who bust my balls for driving an "import" should really check where their so-called American-made vehicle was built? A lot of Ford and Chrysler products are built in Mexico...

When I first got my license, my friend's mom half-jokingly (referring to my "Yota") told me not to park that "Jap Crap" in her driveway...

My Tacoma was built in Texas, by Texans... Toyota may be a Japanese company, but few things are more American than Texans building your vehicle!

Seafury likes this.
  25. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:00 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Can't tell you how many times I've seen that on this forum, even more so in the real world where family and buddies of mine rag me about buying "Japanese" instead of US. I simply tell them "look under the hood of your Ford" most of their stuff is made from other countries.

*debate ensues*

Finally I just tell them to look at reliability and maintenance cost stats on their trucks vs mine. That usually shuts them up

Seafury likes this.
  26. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:07 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    The son of this "Buy American" woman (a former friend of mine with AS as well), inherited his mom's opinions... One time in 2009 or 2010, my mom and I gave him a ride for the first time since I'd met him. I think I was like 3 months away from getting my learner's permit at tht time; I'm turning 28 in 3 days and have had my driver's license since 2011. This former friend just turned 30 this year and still doesn't have a license!

Anyway, we were at the Coffeehouse Center (a now-defunct club of sorts for young adults with high-functioning autism/Asperger's founded by the mom of ANOTHER friend of mine with Asperger's). This former friend of mine casually asked what kind of car my mom had. I told him that my mom had a 2004 Honda Odyssey minivan. He then proceeds to go on a rant about buying American, and I told that if he had a problem with my mom's van, he could either walk or take a cab. Shut him right up...

Law323[QUOTED] likes this.
  27. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:21 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    I've been to Chester County before, but not for almost 4 years... It was October 2013. I went to a car show in Malvern, specifically East Whiteland...

Lots of cool trucks to photograph!

28. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:22 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    The mods of TW have already gone above and beyond to help me... I basically have my own blog there now...

4x4_Angel and MotoTundra[QUOTED] like this.
  29. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:25 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Please see signature!
    My dad was in the Navy for 25 years (1982-2007). Joined right out of college and retired as a Captain. We lived in Centreville from 2002-2005. He got a master's degree from ICAF, then he worked at the Pentagon for a couple years, but he missed flying P3s and was bored of his desk job... In late 2004, he got an offer to run like 3 squadrons, and we moved back to PA in 2005... He retired in 2007 and now he works for a defense contractor...

4x4_Angel likes this.
  30. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:26 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Actually, I think it is already happening. I am going to buy one for each of my vehicles. I wouldn't be in the mess with lawyers right now with a damn dash camera on my wife's 4Runner.

To Top