1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Center console cover/armrest

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by Tundra16, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Jun 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM
    Tundra16

Tundra16 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 CrewMax SR5
    Any 2016 owners having surface issues on the center console cover/armrest? A wet shiny appearance when interior is hot.

2. Jun 23, 2016 at 5:00 PM
    Wvmoonshiner

Wvmoonshiner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD 4x4 MGM
    Bilstein 5100's front and rear, leveled, Goodyear Duratrac's 275/70x18, ICI Magnum RT steps, TRD pro grill and hood bulge. Remote start. Husky mats front and rear. Tonneau cover. Front side window tint. Clazzio leather seat covers. Carbon fiber TUNDRA tailgate insert. LED light bar. Antenna X stubby
    Never had that problem

3. Jun 23, 2016 at 6:05 PM
    Benni

Benni New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    ......not with the center armrest, rather with the door armrest.....it's too low on my 3 week old Limited. I went to Home Depot & bought a 6 x 4 inch synthetic sponge to raise the level of the driver's door armrest so that my left elbow could rest comfortably on it while driving, got tired of driving 5 miles & having my left shoulder ache because I had no place to rest my left elbow on because I'm so tall.

I used black Gorilla tape to adhere the sponge to the material covering the door & covered the top of the sponge with the same tape, you hardly even know with the color matching of the tape & black/gray interior that I added anything, perfect blend. The tape is a tad slippery, but I'll take it versus having an aching left shoulder because i have no place to rest my elbow on a long & boring drive after getting off the sideroads where I live.

To Top