1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CBI Ditch Light Brackets - review

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 14burrito, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Dec 27, 2016 at 9:42 PM
    14burrito

14burrito [OP] IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Went to install my ditch light brackets from CBI today (finally)...it does require cutting on the hood cowl for a proper/no contact fitment. Without trimming, hood closed (not even all the way) the brackets contact the hood cowl and push down on it (central contact point). This then pushes the cowl and windshield trim up and out/off the windshield itself.

I emailed CBI with some pictures and video of the contact - waiting to hear back what they say.

In have contacted a few other ditch bracket companies that say theirs install with no contact or trimming - same thing CBI told me a couple years back at the Off-road Expo West I went to....so not sure exactly what to think. I already trimmed a little, was really excited not having to trim up anything like the cowl, rubber trim eh but not too thrilled about the plastic cowl.

Link to product:
    http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/products/2nd-gen-toyota-tundra/2nd-gen-tundra-ditch-light-brackets/

2016-12-27_22.33.57.jpg
    2016-12-27_22.39.50.jpg

2. Dec 28, 2016 at 9:04 AM
    sdhq_offroad

sdhq_offroad New Member Vendor

Member:
    GILBERT, AZ
    Our A-Pillars don't require any trimming or come in any contact as long as they are installed correctly. Our second gen Tundra A-Pillars also fit 05-15 Tacomas and 2006+ 4Runners.

3. Dec 28, 2016 at 9:26 AM
    14burrito

14burrito [OP] IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    CBI responded this morning and it looks like either chop chop or use of a heat gun... Darn

Buddy of mine has your DLB @sdhq_offroad and as you mentioned no trimming. Wife surprised me with the CBI set...since I have them looks like ill be modifying.

On a separate note: hood cowls are pretty darn pricey lol

4. May 10, 2019 at 2:18 PM
    Vdubplate

Vdubplate New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jd
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra / 2016 Sequoia
    I bought a set of these for my fathers 4runner. They had a saggy look to them. I emailed customer service and these guys totally ignored me. I would pass on CBI

5. Oct 13, 2022 at 1:48 PM
    aragorn764

aragorn764 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stef
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra SR5
    Hey guys, I am having the same issue with CBI on my 2013 Tundra...they did get back to me stating it was the correct fit for my 2nd Gen Tundra, but it clearly is not. I am NOT cutting or bending anything.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top