1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Carpro Ech20 showoff and a question

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by War Machine, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Oct 26, 2017 at 6:43 PM
    War Machine

War Machine [OP] SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    I had my mother in law drop her 99 Oldsmobile so I could clean it up. It was pretty filthy.

Here’s some before and after pics using the Ech20:

B6701A5B-3BF2-4FD3-8345-CA948B2E4B63.jpg 3792638D-B295-4C90-9C66-9C4AB38A6D10.jpg

As you can see, it worked very well. Anyway, being 18 years old, the paint is pretty faded. Is there anything that I can use relatively easily to make the paint pop a little bit more? I’m not looking for a miracle, or anything that’s going to take a lot of effort. I just wanted to get it looking as nice as possible when she comes to get it.

T-Rex266, Pudge and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  2. Oct 26, 2017 at 7:07 PM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  3. Oct 26, 2017 at 7:53 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I'm so excited to get this stuff. It's in the mail. I've never been into detailing really but have learned a lot on this website. Especially from @WarEagleSteve

4. Oct 26, 2017 at 8:03 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    X2. I text him quite a bit lol

5. Oct 26, 2017 at 8:10 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    He's such a great guy and so helpful. Detailing has always seemed so intimidating but not anymore. Even though I don't do nearly as good of a job as he does, my truck is cleaner and better protected than any vehicle I've ever owned. And it's not very hard or time consuming thanks to his tips.

6. Oct 27, 2017 at 3:50 AM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Hey Steve, is there a particular orbital polisher you recommend?

7. Oct 27, 2017 at 4:26 AM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Zero experience, and not sure how much I’ll use it. I’m hoping to get this car as nice as I can, then I’ll try it on my wife and daughter’s trucks.

By the way, have I mentioned that my daughter has put more scratches in my old truck in two months, than I did in six years?

8. Oct 27, 2017 at 4:43 AM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    What do you recommend for buffing out a crease from dragging the passenger door down a menu board at Sonic? Or a scuffed mirror we like to call “I didn’t do that, I have no idea how that happened”?

I was able to diagnose the “I turned it off, now it won’t start again” issue. It turned out to be a failure to put the truck in park when killing it.

Part of me wishes I’d have just gotten her a cheap little banger, but the dad in me is thankful she’s driving something that can take a hit and keep her safe.

NewImprovedRon and JC303 like this.
  9. Oct 27, 2017 at 5:00 AM
    War Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    I’m thinking of coating the whole thing in Nerf. The ladies in my life have thankfully not hit other people, but have a vendetta against stationary objects. Wife drug the side down a pole at Wal-Mart, older daughter took out the neighbor’s brick mailbox, younger daughter I’ve already told you about.

Another word of advice: Don’t install landscape lighting near a driveway that will be used by teenage drivers.

We’ll see if my son carries on the tradition in five years or so. I should have seen it coming with the multiple hits my old truck took from bicycles back in the day.

Oh, there is also a bounty on my wife’s vehicles carried out buy every uninsured motorist in the greater Houston area. I think the count is at four currently.

It didn’t occur to me how bad this was until I typed it all out.

SouthBoundSteve and gosolo like this.
  10. Dec 30, 2017 at 5:28 AM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    Not Steve....but I'll chime in here. Started several years ago with the Griots Garage 6"....known in detailing circles as the GG6. More than enough power, a lifetime warranty, and a company that stands behind their products. Get the 5" conversion kit, some 5.5" Griots BOSS or Lake Country thin pads, and you're on your way. There are less expensive machines on the market, but take a look at the specs, and especially the warranty, and I think you'll find it's the best bang for the buck.

Products Discussed in

To Top