1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CarPlay issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Minarets, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Jan 13, 2021 at 11:57 AM
    Minarets

Minarets [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO
    Anyone have CarPlay issues on their 3rd Gen? I have a 2021 and if I’m listening to the radio (XM) and use any feature on the internet on my phone (not while driving) it cuts off. Now that may be a safety thing, but when I get off the radio doesn’t work. And if I click the audio button again and select XM radio it still won’t work. It shows it’s on and playing but no audio is playing. I have to unplug CarPlay and plug in again and it works.
    I also plugged in the other day and my screen went haywire. Colors all over the place. Turned the truck off and back on and it was as if nothing happened.
    Are there known glitches with CarPlay and our Tundras?

2. Oct 14, 2021 at 11:43 PM
    windowwiz

windowwiz New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eli
    Vehicle:
    2021 1784 Barcelona Red
    I’m having the same issue truck is a week old. Just started today. going to try a hard restart and shorter cable as that seems to be 2 most common workarounds

3. Nov 28, 2021 at 6:55 PM
    EZDoes It

EZDoes It New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    LSD (Lower Slower Delaware)
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM CM SR5 TRD exhaust, TRD wheels
    Tint, tow mirrors, remote start, Razormotor taillights, Genuine trans cooler, tailgate light strip, Extang tonneau, TRD rear sway bar, trans cooler…(thanks TRD)
    Bump…any updates? I’ve had the same issues. While streaming music CarPlay just stops. The only things that will bring it back is pulling over and restarting the truck. It’s happens about every week or so. No one has taken their truck to the dealer for this issue? I have considered it, but just haven’t taken the time to do so.

4. Nov 28, 2021 at 7:06 PM
    Minarets

Minarets [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO
    CarPlay just seems to be very temperamental for me. Works most of the time and sometimes it just won’t.

5. Nov 28, 2021 at 7:14 PM
    TRDFerguson

TRDFerguson SSEM #99/RGBA #8-ish?/It’s a funny name.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Southeast Greater Basin, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CrüeMax
    Any app that hijacks the microphone or camera can hijack your CarPlay or other source audio. The normal workaround is to disable microphone access to apps that don’t explicitly need it, and in the case of some of the shadier social media apps, toggling access on and off after updates. I have to do this on the regular with Facebook or Instagram, and sometimes Google Chrome. It’s more annoying if I’m driving my wife’s car with her phone connected and she’s jumping around from app to app. And she can’t figure out how to toggle the :censored: privacy settings herself.

Products Discussed in

To Top