1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cargo trailer lights don't work

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by tgun, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Oct 15, 2017 at 6:26 PM
    tgun

tgun [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    295x55x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Anza D557 20x9 w/ 20" offset, ToyTec/Boss 3" Lift, Apex Rock Sliders (LineX), TRD Sway Bar, TRD Pro Grill (lineX), Hood Bulge, Painted Bumper Ends, Black out badges and door handles, Color Match Mirror caps, 2018 LED Headlights and Fogs, Linex Bed Liner, Diamondback HD Bed Cover, TRD Exhaust, Bottomland Marathon Seat Covers, TRD Shift Knob, Precision LED Interior Lighting
    i have a 2017 crew max and my 7 pin connector for my cargo trailer no longer has lights at all. Just last month it worked fine. My 4 pin plug works fine for my little flat bed trailer. Are the fuses different for the 4 pin vs 7 pin plug? The manual does not have a diagram of the fuses and I looked on the cover of both interior and under hood and checked a few fuses and all seem fine. Are there any better diagrams out there? Any help will be appreciated. Thank u

2. Oct 15, 2017 at 6:31 PM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Are you sure your plug on your trailer is ok? There have been times when rust or dirt will get into the plug and gum it up so my lights haven’t worked either. If you’re lucky try inserting and removing several times to get a better connection, if you’re not so lucky you may have to replace the plug on your trailer. At least that’s been my experience with trailers and lights.

tgun[OP] likes this.
  3. Oct 16, 2017 at 6:14 AM
    tgun

tgun [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    295x55x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Anza D557 20x9 w/ 20" offset, ToyTec/Boss 3" Lift, Apex Rock Sliders (LineX), TRD Sway Bar, TRD Pro Grill (lineX), Hood Bulge, Painted Bumper Ends, Black out badges and door handles, Color Match Mirror caps, 2018 LED Headlights and Fogs, Linex Bed Liner, Diamondback HD Bed Cover, TRD Exhaust, Bottomland Marathon Seat Covers, TRD Shift Knob, Precision LED Interior Lighting
    I figured it out. My old receiver hitch works fine. I bought a new BW Hitch and my guess is that the paint on hitch is not allowing ground to make contact.

4. Oct 19, 2017 at 9:01 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    Use white wire on trailer end and ground to trailer. Fewer issues with ground this way

Products Discussed in

To Top