1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cargo-Glide Yay or Nay?

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by HBTundra, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Jan 7, 2021 at 6:12 PM
    HBTundra

HBTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC 2wd
    Was considering one of these for my 2006 DC 2wd.
    Anyone here have experience with one? Pros / Cons?
    Also, how much of a pain is it to remove the sliding portion if you wanna take it out?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Jan 8, 2021 at 6:15 PM
    thearborbarber

thearborbarber New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SoDak
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5
    I had one in a work truck. You lose about 4-6 inches in height because that's how far up the slider raises. You don't take it out and put it in. The bed bolts are used to hold the rails in. When I had it served they used a fork lift to hold it up from the rail to service the latch.

HBTundra[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 8, 2021 at 6:29 PM
    ezdog

ezdog New Member

Member:
    Gateway To The West
    Vehicle:
    2001 RCLB V8,4WD 2015 RCLB 5.7,4WD
    Once installed they are not removable casually that I know of.
    Do you have a Long Bed and a Shell or why are you thinking about one in the first place?
    I think either a Slide or Shell with Windoors can give much of the same functionality overall depending on exactly what you think you will need?

On my 1st Gen truck I could reach most of the bed through the Windoors in the Shell but in my 3rd Gen there is no real chance of that and the Slide is the way I had to go,the newer bed side is just to high too reach over so out the back was the only way and I did try both before deciding this too.

Mine is a Bed Slide which is lighter duty than the CargoGlide but also cheaper and they are all over the place used too for sure.
    I have used this a lot and it is easily heavy duty enough for me though the CargoGlide are better I am sure.

You do lose the same height essentially regardless which one you get,it is just the way they are made.

E2B09CCD-C96B-43FF-9E55-B5E5AB8674AB.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  4. Jan 9, 2021 at 9:50 AM
    HBTundra

HBTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC 2wd
    Thanks for the feedback. I do have a shell but the windows on it are not 'windoors'. I do masonry / tile work, so i prefer to load/unload from the tailgate to avoid all the materials from scratching the side of my truck. I like the idea of the Cargo Glide being able to load what I'll need last towards the front of the truck and vice-versa . . . saves me from having to crawl in and out of the bed/shell.

TheBlackPearl likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top