1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Car and Driver

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by SlickRick2013Tundra, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Jan 2, 2019 at 3:51 PM
    SlickRick2013Tundra

SlickRick2013Tundra [OP] #10

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Mandeville, LA
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD CM MGM 4x4
    Toytech Boss 3in Lift kit Iron Cross side step TRD Sway Bar TRD Cold Air Intake Blacked out Badges Blacked out front and rear bumpers
  2. Jan 2, 2019 at 4:01 PM
    waynescaggs

waynescaggs No more of that .

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra Crewmax Limited
    They can say what they want I had a 2010 Tundra Sr5 sold it in 14 bought a 2014 Silverado just sold it and bought a 2019 Tundra limited the Silverado didn’t hold a candle to the Tundra

3. Jan 2, 2019 at 4:27 PM
    gdiep

gdiep I like cookies

Member:
    Syracuse, New York
    Vehicle:
    2014 Red Tundra CM SR5
    It is based on the judging criteria and what you value. Here, most of us place an emphasis on reliability and overall build quality. Car and Driver judges based on features, ride and handling, towing and payload capacity, and fuel economy. When compared to the field in that set of criteria, the Tundra is way back. I have driven a 2016 F-150 and a 2018 Dodge Ram. Both ride better, have more user friendly features and ergonomics, get better gas mileage, higher payload ratings, etc.

I would not buy one of the other trucks because I plan on waiting to see what Toyota does with the next generation Tundra. I am a believer that Toyota is capable of being competitive with the field in all of the criteria above AND be best in class quality & reliability. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

4. Jan 2, 2019 at 6:51 PM
    Steve89gt

Steve89gt New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited CM
    De-badged, De-chromed, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Bilstein 5100s, Fuel 18 x 9 wheels, BFG KO2s 275/70/18, ESP Underseat Storage
    They don’t know anything about trucks...period. I’ll say it again: they use 0-60 time and cornering grip as a criteria for which truck is best, and that shit doesn’t matter over the long haul. There are horror stories out there about their beloved Ecoboost F150 losing power at highway speeds whilst towing a trailer. You will not find an equivalent story about a Tundra. Also, their beloved Raptor had its transfer case shit the bed at 40k miles. Show me a Tundra that does that; doesn’t exist. I’ll take simple and reliable over techy any day.

CMB, Big J, waynescaggs and 2 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top