1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canopy Options for 1st Gens

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by tundra0616, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Mar 22, 2021 at 1:41 PM
    tundra0616

tundra0616 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4 Double Cab Tundra
    Hi Y'all

I just bought my 04' double cab Tundra and was on the search for a canopy. It seems like its impossible to find a used one that fits my truck. There are a few 2nd gen tacoma long bed canopies that I've seen up for sale though. Would they fit?

What other trucks share similar bed dimensions?

Thanks

2. Mar 22, 2021 at 1:53 PM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    I have no idea if other truck toppers would fit but I can tell you that I found one made for a double cab that fits my access cab. Check both Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. I recently discovered you don't actually need a Facebook account to look and search on Marketplace. You can also try Search-all-Craigslist which will broaden your search if you are willing to drive.

tundra0616[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 22, 2021 at 6:27 PM
    SouthPaw

SouthPaw The headlight guy

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited 4x4 AC
    Unfortunately, only first Gen tundra toppers will fit. They do not interchange with any other vehicle.

FirstGenVol is correct in that you can ‘make’ the interchangeable. The AC topper is longer and will over hang on a DC 1” or so depending on brand. It may take a bit, but they are out there. You may also look at calling your local topper stores to see if they have one. It’s how I found mine. The owner said it was a bad thing it only fit one truck so I offered $400 and he took it.

tundra0616[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top