1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bypass kit or replace air injector pump/check Valve

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by TundLee, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Oct 3, 2018 at 8:36 PM
    TundLee

TundLee [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite Mica 08 Tundra Rough Conutry
    3.5” Rough Country Lift Kit 20 inch Fuel wheels 33X12.5R20 LT ATTURO TRAIL BLADE X/T NGK Iridium ix sparkplugs FLOWMASTER DUAL Straight out back Heavy Duty General Springs (Extra leaf)
    Hi everyone, I have a issue about my air injector pump or the check valve. It puts me on limp mode which we all don’t like due to lost of power. I replace one side (passenger) due to the intrusion of the injector check valve. The driver side are fine, it doesn’t have the intrusion like the passenger side. So I didn’t bother but That thing ain’t cheap though. $275 around there. I thought of replacing the pumps to but when I diagnosed, it’s still operate after researching through YouTube and forum. Plus those 2 are $500 plus each, So I think it’s not the pumps. It’s the valves from what I think. But anyways I replaced it. The limp mode, 4HI blinking, VSC, TRAC control & check engine light went away for a month. It came back on in one morning one the way to work, Which it pissed me off. Almost trade it in. But thought of all the suspension,wheels, tires & the most is the heavy duty leave spring I installed. I don’t thinks it’s worth it for a trade in. They probably ripped me by “oh it’s got a 4 inch lift on it”. So please y’all let me know what think? I wanna know if I get that Bypass. Will it stop the limp mode and all the check light problems or it only last for certain amount of time? I keep on having a thought what the old saying “You get what you pay for”. That make me having seconds thought of not getting the Bypass kit.

2. Oct 6, 2018 at 3:24 AM
    fixnfly

fixnfly New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab 5.7
    Why not let toyota fix it for free ?

3. Oct 6, 2018 at 4:46 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    AIP warranty was extended to 10 yrs, 100K miles (possibly150K?) I'd call your dealer although your 10 yrs is almost up. Mileage? Yep ....call dealer.

Products Discussed in

To Top