1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Burn Pits PSA

Discussion in 'Military' started by ardnutoz, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Jan 17, 2019 at 3:12 PM
    ardnutoz

ardnutoz [OP]

Member:
    First Name:
    OZ
    SE-PA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black TRD OR CM Limited
    avssuc and Dawgmech like this.
  2. May 27, 2021 at 8:55 AM
    shakey_jake

shakey_jake New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra 5.7 TRD 4x4
    6" lift. 35s on 20s
    I know this registry was been around for awhile but never has anything come from it.

3. Aug 25, 2021 at 12:32 PM
    47drvr87

47drvr87 New Member

Member:
    Central IL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Magnetic Grey Tundra 1794
    Dobinson USA IMS 3” suspension kit, 2018 OEM LED Headlights, DiodeDynamics LED Pro Foglights
    I thought it is utilized to move baseline presumption of “service connected” disability to assumed on a myriad of issues at VA.

4. Sep 30, 2021 at 10:22 AM
    GreyToy

GreyToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Since no follow up. A year and a half ago I decided to complete the registry and physical for this and was informed I was the first Vet they had heard from in nearly two years, at Regional, not National. The physical is done verbally. Here is the email I received about a month ago.

"Greetings Airborne Hazards Open Burn Pit Registry Participant,

We would like you to know that the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) started processing disability claims on August 2, 2021, for asthma, rhinitis and sinusitis on a presumptive basis based on particulate matter exposure during military service in Southwest Asia and certain other areas – if these conditions manifested within 10 years of a qualifying period of military service.

You assisted this process by joining the Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry (AHOBPR). The information that you provided was included in the decision-making for these 3 conditions.

It is important to note that the presumption is based on particulate matter exposure which can be caused by a variety of sources to include sand or dust, exhaust from diesel fuel and other engines, air pollution, and burn pits.
    We encourage you, if you have symptoms suggestive of the 3 conditions such as a chronic cough or ongoing runny nose and sinus congestion, to get evaluated by a health care professional to make a diagnosis and to file a claim if your condition fits with the presumptive conditions.

You can file a claim by going to this website How To File A VA Disability Claim | Veterans Affairs
    In addition, you can visit VA.gov or call toll free at 800-827-1000 for more information. Also, VA is reaching out to impacted Veterans and survivors to inform them about their eligibility and providing information on how to apply for benefits.

We also encourage you to ask your battle buddies who have not joined the AHOBPR to consider joining by going to Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry (va.gov)

Please visit VA.gov or call toll free at 800-827-1000 for more information."

Sunnier likes this.
  5. Sep 30, 2021 at 10:38 AM
    Navi

Navi New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax Limited
    These pits were all over Afghanistan, the biggest one i saw was in Kandahar.. we're talking city blocks in size

6. Jan 18, 2024 at 6:16 AM
    Damie Street

Damie Street New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Edsel
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM CrewMax SR5 TRD OffRoad
    Has anyone received any VA disability percentage from this?

Products Discussed in

To Top