1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bull bar on 2016 platinum CM

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Spoony1, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Aug 17, 2016 at 4:24 PM
    Spoony1

Spoony1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 tundra platinum crewmax
    Trd pro grill color match door handles and mirror. 4 1/2 bds lift
    I am planning to put a Lund lighted bull bar on my truck.The
    Supplier is telling me it will interfere with my sonar. Is this true and if so is it possible to disable just the front sensors. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Aug 17, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    I had that issue on my Armada. What I did was remove the inner sensors, mount them in small project boxes, extend the wiring, and mount them to the front of the bull-bar. I'm betting you could do the same thing with yours.

3. Aug 17, 2016 at 8:34 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Bulls bars are "OK", but why Lund? The cheapest one made. You have a very nice 2016 Tundra Platinum. Get a better Bull Bar if you want to go that route. Others will chime in. (Lund...Platinum Tundra= doesn't mix) Quite frankly you would need those front sensors, that Lund will give you pretty much zero protection. I had a Westin Ultimate Bull Bar which provided some protection and I still dumped it as soon as I could.

Products Discussed in

To Top