1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BSM & Rear Cross Traffic Alert Malfunction after replacing the mirrors - 2021 Tundra Limited

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by augatundra, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Apr 24, 2021 at 12:44 PM
    augatundra

augatundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota Tundra Limited 4X2 Double Cab
  2. Apr 24, 2021 at 3:07 PM
    Lovetrucks

Lovetrucks Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram Rebel
    Welcome from Ontario Canada . Have you checked the fuses ?

3. Apr 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM
    augatundra

augatundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota Tundra Limited 4X2 Double Cab
    Thanks. Fuses are fine. After recycling the key lights reset but once BSM sensor detects a vehicle, it kicks off the malfunction message. RCTA malfunction light comes on shortly after. I turned off the BSM for now and neither BSM nor RCTA error comes on.

4. Jun 6, 2021 at 1:29 PM
    riverryder

riverryder New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Calvary Blue Tundra 4x4 limited TRD off road
    I just had this happen to me also...2021 Limited 4x4 crew cab...replaced the stupid car mirrors for real truck tow mirrors months ago and everything was plug and play...no problems until today...bsm and rcta warning lights saying malfunction....I just turned them off for now...it says take to the dealer etc. but they are all crooks and can't be trusted. Heck Toyota does not even honor their warranties...I had my sunroof just blow up about 3 weeks ago..just going down the highway, no one anywhere near me and the sunroof just goes boom and shatters. I immediately went to the dealer with my now 7 month old truck with a little over 5000 miles on it, expecting it to be covered under warranty and Toyota said no it was impact damage , cost me over 1500 to get it fixed. Couldn't drive around a truck with a hole in the roof. Sure the insurance will cover the cost. But where did the impact come from no rock found, no brick, no cinderblock, no toothpick, no grain of sand etc. I guess it was a meteor from space...anyway sorry for the rant but I have always been a Ford truck guy and went with Toyota because of the so called reliability and great service and so far I have not seen either. Watch out for when they say it was human error....after all I have been driving the truck. Expensive dang lawn ornament....One more thing goes wrong and I am going back to Ford. Oh and by the way I purchased the extended warranty and all the protection packages also just so I would be protected against this kind of stuff, stupid I know but I am in my 60s and just did not want to have to worry about anything that might go wrong. Hopefully someone will chime in with a cause/solution about this warning light issue.

2mchfun likes this.
  5. Jun 8, 2021 at 1:56 PM
    riverryder

riverryder New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Calvary Blue Tundra 4x4 limited TRD off road
    thanks 2mchfun for the like...just to update I went out yesterday started the truck and turned on the bsm and rcta and no alerts appeared...just very weird...so I guess the YOTA GENIE...did me a good and fixed it for me...lol...

Products Discussed in

To Top