1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake, bump, then go

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by jwatt, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Jul 11, 2020 at 8:47 PM
    jwatt

jwatt [OP] I heart men

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Salsa Red 2007 Tundra DC @91k.
    7" BDS Coilover Suspension Lift/BDS UCAs/XB LED Headlights/Nitto trail Grappler tires on Black Rhyno Armory wheels
    This is hard to describe, but In my 07 dc I have noticed, for some time, an odd spooling effect when I let off the brake at a stop. Like the trans, or torque converter is loading up while stopping, and when I let off the brake, built up pressure, or something is released. The moment I let off the brake it feels like slop in the gear train is taken up. Apparently this issue is determined by how I stop. If I stop lightly and feather the brakes, sometimes I dont get this spooling effect when I let off the brake after stopping. If I brake normally, or firmly I can usually look forward to a surge like feeling, and a thrump in drive train before truck begins moving forward. Anyone have an idea what this could be?

2. Jul 12, 2020 at 9:53 AM
    CTB Mike

CTB Mike It's RED? My rods and cones must be screwed up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Rock Warrior
    I have the same issue. During my research, I found a TSB that would authorize a replacement of the driveshaft assembly. Unfortunately, it was only good for the first 60,000 miles and (I think) six years. I asked my dealer about it and they basically told my that I was SOL, but that was likely the problem and they would at least diagnose it for free. I didn't have my truck with me at the time, and I haven't been back.

3. Jul 12, 2020 at 1:43 PM
    blackdemon_tt

blackdemon_tt Battery Slayer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 5.7l Tundra DC SR5 long bed 2wd
    TRD Sway Bar, Roll covers USA bed cover
    Funny, I get the reverse.. and I've complained about issues with my driveshaft and seals that were replaced at least twice under warranty looong ago.. but at a stop I sometimes get a bump while at a full stop, almost like being lightly rear ended, usually when I'm going at a high rate of speed and go heavy on the brakes....

4. Jul 12, 2020 at 3:13 PM
    SouthWestGA

SouthWestGA New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra CrewMAX and 2014 Nissan NV3500 Passenger
    Lube the driveshaft slip yoke and make sure your trans fluid isn’t a tad low

I had the same issues and put an extra 1/2 quart trans fluid in,as well as lubed the driveshaft real well

no noise since

5. Jul 12, 2020 at 3:23 PM
    CTB Mike

CTB Mike It's RED? My rods and cones must be screwed up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Rock Warrior
    Oh well, good luck. I've decided to run mine until the driveshaft falls out.

Products Discussed in

To Top