1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 6112's vs Fox Pro's?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DIYDad, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Nov 19, 2020 at 6:35 AM
    DIYDad

DIYDad [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra 1794
    I'm considering upgrading the TRD offroad suspension on my 1794 as part of a 2/1 or 3/1 lift.

Have any of you PRO owners previously run other upgrades like the Bilsteins on your Tundras?

If so - what did you run, and how did the ride compare to your TRD Pro with the Fox suspension?

I'm primarily interested in on-road manners with passengers and pax with a load in the bed (lumber, etc). I will tow occasionally as well, 4-5K lbs.

2. Nov 19, 2020 at 7:11 AM
    TelemarkTumalo

TelemarkTumalo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro Double Cab Army Green
    Driver side grab handle Door sill protectors Falken WildPeak 295/70 R18 X-Pel clear front paint protection 20% front window tint Go Rhino RB20 side steps - Bedliner finish Lock'er Down 1/2 console safe Toyota bed cargo divider Toyota auto tail gate lock
    I can speak to this. My current truck is the '20 TRD Pro with the Fox setup. My previous truck was a 2018 SR5 TRD Off Road and I changed the suspension, putting 6112/5100 Bilstein's, the front set at +2.5" and the rear with added Icon Mini Pack leafs. The ride with both setups is similar, but the Pro seems to be a bit smoother over small bumps and the truck has a bit less lean on curvy roads. With that said, the Bilstein's will cost much less. I don't think the Fox set up is 2X better.

If your 1794 already has the Off Road Bilstein shocks, you may not see much difference in the "ride". The amount of lift/leveling that you have in mind seems reasonable and shouldn't create a tremendous compromise. Personally, I wouldn't go higher.

Davesbase, AggiePhil and Vang530 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top