1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 up front, fox rear ride question

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by mrburns05, May 17, 2019.

1. May 17, 2019 at 6:15 AM
    mrburns05

mrburns05 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Menifee CA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 4.6L White DC SR5
    Maxtrac 3.5” Spindles Bilstein 6112 Icon AAL Icon 2.5” PB shocks Coachbuilder +1 Shackles AFE dry filter TRD AIA Magnaflow muffler TB Coolant Bypass
    I have been holding out for some fox 2.5” coilovers but they’re expensive and I’m gonna be buying tires and paying other bills for awhile before that happens.

I have fox 2.0 performance shocks on the rear right now, and stock front. Seeing as I could get a pair of 5100’s for just over $200 (reuse stock spring) I wondered if the different valving between the brands front and rear would cause a weird ride (digressive with linear? or progressive?)? Was wondering if any of you have tried this and could help me decided if it would be worth getting the 5100’s for a slightly better ride and a little more height (I only want to go up the 0.8 setting as I already have maxtrac spindles in the front)

2. May 17, 2019 at 6:59 AM
    monaco730

monaco730 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    16 Inferno Tundra
    Fox shocks, TRD Exhaust, TRD grill, TRD shift knob, weathertech floor/bed liners, ARE topper, FrontRunnerOutfitters cargo rack, Relentless cargo bars, color matched front bumper/side mirrors, fuel wheels, nitto RGs, K&N intake
    I was in the same boat as you. I had stock trd-off road suspension with a readylift 3/1. I wanted Fox but didnt wanna spend that kinda money all at once on the entire setup so i first did the rear (2.0 reservoir). No issues. I then got the 2.5" coilovers in the front. I love the whole setup. You won't be disappointed if you go that route.

JNorman84 and mrburns05[OP] like this.
  3. May 17, 2019 at 7:00 AM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Crewmax Mid Travel
    Mid travel fox 2.5 coilovers 2.0 real shocks shims 295 70 18 trail grapplers pro accessories 32in light bar blacked out bed cover sway bar Moto metal 970 18x9
    Your fine I had fox rear shocks on with the stock bilstiens till I got
    My 2.5s

monaco730 and mrburns05[OP] like this.
  4. May 17, 2019 at 7:04 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun MGM XP-Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM XP-Series CrewMax 4x4
    If you are running stock shocks in the front now with the Fox in the rear with no issues, then the 5100 in the front paired with the Fox in the rear will be the same or better. Should be good to go.

mrburns05[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top