1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Big Tree's 2010 Sequoia build journal

Discussion in 'Sequoia Builds' started by Big Tree, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Oct 31, 2021 at 12:36 AM
    Big Tree

Big Tree [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello everyone,

I picked up a 2010 sequoia SR5 a few months ago and its one of the best SUV's I had except for a few small hiccups but none the less its been great. I need to get more pictures of it and will post them soon with the small additions I made so far.

So far I had change the headlights to some black housings from Amazon. Small change and the cheapest one yet. Also installed some LED bulbs for low beam and fogs from Headlight Revolution. IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1581.jpg
    Sorry for the low quality, only pic I had as of right now.

Now I was going to add a rear view camera and rear view over head display but after it not being so "plug and play" as I thought since I have a 14 pin connector not the 10 pin. I moved onto a annoying issue I had with my sequoia, Vibration and Loose Steering wheel feel, so I will come back to dealing with the reverse camera after.

Maybe someone can help out in this thread since I dont really see a Sequoia general forum and other forums are not that active as here.

I noticed I have a vibration on the floor and seats front and rear and becomes more noticeable when I'm going ~50mph stepping on the gas also when letting off the gas, but can feel around 30mph and higher. Ive gotten the tires balanced about 5 times also bought brand new tires all around as well and gotten it aligned 4 times as well and it still shakes. Ive changed Upper control arms, lower control arms, ties rods, rack and pinion, outer tie rods, shocks and springs, rear shocks, cam bolts, upper intermediate shaft, and still nothing fixed it. I pretty much got a new suspension setup on this car. Only things I have not changed are the CV axels and wheel bearings and drive shaft form the list of possible culprits causing this. I checked the drive shaft and there is no play in the U joints, definitely grease leak somewhere but I dont think its bad(I could be wrong) Ill try and get a pic. CV axels are not leaking but are old I get no play going up and down side to side only play going in and out (which I was told was normal) and No noise coming from the wheel bearings. Anyone have any ideas what could be going on?

I have a few radio upgrades and possible front grill and headlight upgrade I want to do as well. Wheels would come later down the road and a possible 2 inch lift as well. Just hoping to get this thing feeling better to drive asap. If I decide to buy a few parts before I fix the issue Ill post them here since I like creating these kind of journals for my cars on forums.

Thanks in advance

2. Nov 1, 2021 at 10:00 PM
    Big Tree

Big Tree [OP] New Member

Member:
    Welp took another look today and my drivers side cv axel has alot of play at the diff. Seal looks pretty bad from what i could. Going to change that this wednesday and see if it fixes my issue. Going to order a few smaller items like glove box insert also going to tackle the reverse camera. Got some Vredestein tires all around put on ill post pucs up but it looks reall good. Also will be upgrading the sway bar to TRD ones in the coming weeks. Excited to get this thing fixed hopefully and continue the build.

farnsrocket likes this.
  3. Nov 2, 2021 at 11:53 AM
    farnsrocket

farnsrocket New Member

Member:
  4. Nov 6, 2021 at 9:51 PM
    Big Tree

Big Tree [OP] New Member

Member:
    farnsrocket[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Nov 6, 2021 at 11:02 PM
    farnsrocket

farnsrocket New Member

Member:
    I’d spray them with PB Blaster for a couple days before you get to doing it…..maybe hit them with a torch a little bit before you do remove them …… it should help then hope for the best!

6. Jan 15, 2022 at 4:53 PM
    Big Tree

Big Tree [OP] New Member

Member:
    Been a few months. Got most of the vibration issues taken cared of but I installed my 12v solutions auto start with long distance remote. Pretty easy install and I like how,unlike the OEM remote start, this one does not turn off the car when you open the door handle. Im thinking of buying this for my Highlander as well since winter months here are brutal. So far ive used the long distance ranged keys work awesome. At about a guesstimate of 50-100ft my Sequoia turns on with no problems. Super easy to install and program (sorry for the sideways pics but you get the idea)
    IMG_2173.jpg IMG_2172.jpg

farnsrocket likes this.
  7. Jan 15, 2022 at 4:54 PM
    Big Tree

Big Tree [OP] New Member

Member:
    Also got my Dasaita 10.2 screen coming in soon hopefully. Got other things coming to will post up more pictures of them installed and during install. Hopefully next week ill get some of them.

8. Jan 15, 2022 at 5:01 PM
    farnsrocket

farnsrocket New Member

Member:
    So not sure how this works……do you need to have push start to use this? If not, when you get in the truck, do you just put your key in and turn it to on???

9. Jan 15, 2022 at 5:15 PM
    Big Tree

Big Tree [OP] New Member

Member:
    You do not need push to start and my SR5 is as base as it gets. They sell 2 version one with the dot key (mine) and one with the G key. On the OEM key hit the lock 3 times and it starts with all doors locked, When you want to hop in just unlock (truck will stay on unlike the oem remote start) put in the key like normal and turn to full click then hit the brake pedal change gears and you can go they also got a pit stop mode as well when you want to leave the car running and get out. Since I got the long range key fob it makes noise when I turn the truck on to let me know its locked unlocked or started. Best thing about is there is no splicing or cutting any wires its all plug and play. They send you the instruction sheet as well on how to setup and program. it is a bit pricey at $400 but its paying off for the most part since the truck can stay on for 15min before it auto shuts off if you dont get in, but well worth it since the long range remotes actually work.

farnsrocket[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Jan 15, 2022 at 5:43 PM
    farnsrocket

farnsrocket New Member

Member:
    That’s pretty awesome!! Thanks for the explanation!

Products Discussed in

To Top