1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best type of lift kit for 06 Seqouia SR5 2WD

Discussion in 'Sequoia Builds' started by yung.shyst, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Apr 15, 2023 at 8:12 PM
    yung.shyst

yung.shyst [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2006 Seqouia SR5 2WD
    Hey there, Toyota fam!
    So I am trying to purchase a lift kit for my Sequoia. I’ve done some research, but still don’t know what kind of lift kit and which brand to get. I don’t have a 4 x 4 and I also won’t be doing any serious off Roading. Mainly for daily use. I will be using it to go camping and off roading on simple trails a few times out of the year. I also want to add bigger tires to it. Overall, my goal is to lift and turn it into an overland vehicle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Apr 15, 2023 at 8:26 PM
    des2mtn

des2mtn Third Member

Member:
    Where my wheels stop rolling
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black DC Limited 4x4
    Tonto cover
    Welcome! Don't buy a spacer lift, in the front get an adjustable coilover which will likely need aftermarket upper control arms. Fox or King shocks if your budget allows. Bilstein for more budget-friendly options. Do you have air suspension in the rear or coil springs?

Dobinson and OME are other shock options but I don't have first hand experience with those.

3. Apr 16, 2023 at 7:14 PM
    yung.shyst

yung.shyst [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2006 Seqouia SR5 2WD
    I honestly don’t know. I believe they are coil springs. Everything is stock, OEM parts.
    I don’t have a big budget, but I do want something reliable. I will mainly be using it for regular street use, but will be doing some simple off-roading and camping.

4. Aug 26, 2023 at 5:49 AM
    farnsrocket

farnsrocket New Member

Member:
    What is your budget? Like des2mtn said, I wouldn't do a spacer lift either, and that's just a personal choice......... check this out: Honestly though, with a 2WD truck and you saying you don't have a big budget, a spacer lift may be just right for your needs. Plenty of guys run spacer lifts and have no issues.
    You really need to put some time in doing some research. I did a ton of research looking through Sequoia specific forums like this one, IH8mud, ToyotaNation, TundraSolutions..........just start reading through and pick up info and make a decision for yourself.........only you will know what type of driving you're gonna be doing and you'll figure out what will be best for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top