1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BDS vs Fabtech? Springs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CenTexTundra, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Mar 22, 2019 at 8:10 PM
    CenTexTundra

CenTexTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Limited
    BDS 7" Coilover lift; BDS UCAs 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers; 20" Fuel Tactic Wheels Smittybilt 10k Winch; Smittybilt M1 Bumpers WeatherTech Mats; EPS Rear Vault, TRD Pro Grille Genesis Offroad Dual Battery (Optimas)
    Ok guys/gals I need some feedback. I have researched about all I can find on these two kits and can't find a good reason to go with one vs the other. Vast majority of my use is on road but get into pretty gnarly country on hunting trips and when I just want to cut loose. I wouldn't consider myself a hard core off-roader or overlander by any stretch. I want to put a high quality kit in that will be as comfortable and functional as a 6-7" lifted truck can be.

So here's what I've got it boiled down to:

Fabtech 6" Performance w/ coilovers

BDS 7" Coil Over

For the back end I'm mostly convinced I would like to go full monty and replace the springs so I've also been looking at:

Deaver U748 (will these provide enough lift with a drop bracket?) Maybe F67's?

OME Dakar springs (same question, will these provide enough in the back end without looking like my lights are pointed at the sky?)

Other ideas? I am getting very close to pulling the trigger to get this party started and I know you guys have more combined knowledge than every installer in town combined...I really need some input on this because it ain't gonna be cheap! If any of you have better ideas than the options I listed (around the same cost) please throw them at me...I just want to do this once (or just once until I buy my next Tundra!).

2. Mar 23, 2019 at 8:07 PM
    CenTexTundra

CenTexTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Limited
    BDS 7" Coilover lift; BDS UCAs 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers; 20" Fuel Tactic Wheels Smittybilt 10k Winch; Smittybilt M1 Bumpers WeatherTech Mats; EPS Rear Vault, TRD Pro Grille Genesis Offroad Dual Battery (Optimas)
  3. Mar 23, 2019 at 8:27 PM
    Tundra_361

Tundra_361 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black 1794 4x4
    If your dead set on 6 inch lifts I’d go with procomp with coils. I here to many stories about BDS eating there front tires. Definitely go with leaf replacements for your lift in the rear.
    I’ve been there done the whole 6 inch lift thing twice on two different Tundras. Im way happier with just Icon coils 2.5-3 inch lift w/ upper control arms, a Icon leaf pack and running 35’s

CenTexTundra[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top