1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Backup camera stopped working after collision repair....

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by jmmartin09, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Jun 20, 2020 at 5:55 AM
    jmmartin09

jmmartin09 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD
    None
    I’m curious if you guys can help me figure something out...

My dad has a 2017 Tundra TRD. Bought it new and absolutely loves it. About two weeks ago he was pulling out of the drive through at a bank, put the truck in gear and set his hand on the console. Evidently he had a toothpick on the console and when he took his hand off the gear shift and set it on the console he shoved the toothpick all the way under his fingernail-ouch. This was just enough to make him jump a little and hit a pole. I’ll give him crap about this for the rest of his life but that had to hurt like hell.

Damage to the truck was the front passenger fender, front passenger headlight and passenger side mirror.

He picked the truck up from the body shop yesterday and noticed the mirror was still broken but it was on the estimate. Put it back in park and immediately told the shop about it. They ordered a new mirror and said to bring his truck back next week. He got back in his truck, put it in reverse and noticed the backup camera no longer works. It worked fine until they did the “repair” on the front.

I haven’t looked at it but so far I’m unimpressed with the body shop. He told them about the camera and they said they would look at it as well. Is there a ground wire or anything related to the camera on the passenger side front fender area? I might take a look this weekend- if I can find the problem I’m tempted to leave it broke and see what the body shop has to say about it next week.

any suggestions?

2. Jun 20, 2020 at 6:59 AM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    When I get rear ended in my 2018, I requested that the body shop send the truck to Toyota to get all the sensors re-calibrated and cameras fixed before giving it to me. I did this just to make sure it was up to OEM standards and not voiding the warranty if something happens in the future. The mechanic actually recommended this and said if something goes wrong in the future they’re going to see the accident and blame it on that.

3. Jun 24, 2020 at 7:58 AM
    ddact

ddact New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 5.7L 4WD SR5 DC FFV - Black
    Check the wiring connector going to the tailgate under the back of the truck. You can unplug it to take the tailgate off. They forgot to replug mine when they Line-X'd the bed.

Products Discussed in

To Top