1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Back into a Tundra, a 2009 SR5 CrewMax TRD Off Road in BC Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JustSomeGuy, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Jun 8, 2020 at 2:14 PM
    JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Okanagan Valley, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tundra SR5 TRD Off Road CrewMax in Slate Blue
    Diamondback HD tonneau cover, Cooper S/T MAXX tires, Rock Warrior grille, debadged, dechromed, Compustar alarm/remote start, Kenwood touchscreen with navigation, Cobra 75 WX ST CB, dual exhaust, limo tint on rear windows, Firestone Winterforce LT studded tires.
    Long time Toyota owner and fan here. I previously had a 2011 Tundra Limited Double Cab and foolishly traded it in for a 2007 Toyota Sienna CE minivan and some cash a few years ago. Yeah, there's a step in the right direction. NOT! Anyways, I came to my senses and got myself another Tundra, a year ago to the day practically. This time a 2009 Tundra SR5 CrewMax TRD Off Road. I had a few bugs and glitches to work out, but it's mostly where I want it now. I prefer the larger rear doors and cab with the power moonroof and the entire rear window that goes down.

To bring the radio up to modern standards, I've got a current model Kenwood touchscreen with navigation, bluetooth, backup camera, Apple CarPlay, satellite radio, etc. Cobra 75 WX ST CB radio too. Also added a Compustar alarm/remote start and Pop 'n lock for the tailgate. Limo tint on the rear windows and a Weathertech deflector for the moonroof. Power, heated folding tow mirrors with turn signals and running lights. Converting most exterior bulbs to LED. Tow package with Prodigy brake controller. Husky floor mats. Previous owner put on a dual exhaust (no idea what kind but it sounds great, nice rumble, but no drone and not obnoxiously loud) running boards and a BakFlip tonneau cover with custom bullet hole damage (don't ask) which I will be replacing with a DiamondBack tonneau cover soon. Debadged and dechromed. Body color is that blue/gray Slate Metallic. I installed a black Rock Warrior grille.

Stock 5 spoke wheels TRD Off Road 18" wheels, might paint them the body color, or bronze or black. Or leave them as-is. Running Toyo Open Country AT2 that the previous owner installed, but they're due to be changed soon. Will probably go for BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 which I've used on my last Tundra and on a 60 series Land Cruiser, liked them both times. Not sure if I'll stay with the stock size or go to a slightly bigger size. For winter I've got studded Firestone Winterforce LT tires on other (thinner spoke) 5 spoke wheels in hyper silver.

These Tundras are a lot of fun, but they sure suck the money out of your wallet for accessories and gas, lol!

tundra2.jpg

tundra1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. Jun 8, 2020 at 2:21 PM
    Pinay

Pinay New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Monet
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black - SR5 - CrewMax - 4x4 - TSS Dirty Seven Club
    Mahal kita Kuya
    Welcome from SoCal!

3. Jun 8, 2020 at 2:24 PM
    JustSomeGuy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Diamondback HD tonneau cover, Cooper S/T MAXX tires, Rock Warrior grille, debadged, dechromed, Compustar alarm/remote start, Kenwood touchscreen with navigation, Cobra 75 WX ST CB, dual exhaust, limo tint on rear windows, Firestone Winterforce LT studded tires.
    Thanks! I've been to SoCal many times with my previous Tundra, the Sienna and the Corolla. I love being on the west coast, would love to be a bit further south though. Once this COVID thing settles down and the border is reopened I'll be back in SoCal again with the Tundra and my travel trailer.

Pinay likes this.
  4. Jun 8, 2020 at 2:26 PM
    Pinay

Pinay New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Monet
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black - SR5 - CrewMax - 4x4 - TSS Dirty Seven Club
    Mahal kita Kuya
    Hey, all of America needs tourist dollars!! I hope we all get back to where we were before the Covid showed up! But wear a mask! Hahaha

5. Jun 8, 2020 at 2:38 PM
    JustSomeGuy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Definitely. I carry a mask with me everywhere I go now. But d@mn, it gets hot wearing that thing! I don't know if I'll ever get used to it. Hopefully we won't have to for much longer. This week, they officially announced there are no active COVID-19 cases in our immediate area (the interior of BC which covers a fairly large geographic area, right from the Canada/US border bordering much of Washington state, the Idaho panhandle and western Montana and a good distance up north). But, out on the coast around Vancouver they've still got some active cases, and across the border in Seattle I think it's still quite bad too. Never realized how limiting this is, with all of the non-essential travel now, can't go very far. I used to think nothing of going on a short or long road trip. Oh well, I'm saving a lot of money gas!

Black Wolf likes this.
  6. Jun 8, 2020 at 2:41 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADER,RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
  7. Jun 8, 2020 at 3:01 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Welcome from Colorado. BC is quite nice!

8. Jun 8, 2020 at 3:09 PM
    Ely010606

Ely010606 New Member

Member:
    SPARKS, NV
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS SR5 CM TRD 4x4
    Welcome from Nevada

9. Jun 8, 2020 at 3:14 PM
    JustSomeGuy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks everyone! I enjoy driving around BC and Alberta with the Tundra, this one has also been to Washington state. I hope to get to Colorado, Nevada, SoCal, Arizona, etc, sometime soon with the Tundra and my travel trailer. All great places! And the Tundra is a great truck to go there in.

10. Jun 8, 2020 at 4:03 PM
    Y0TA PR0

Y0TA PR0 Dirt biking & fishing

Member:
    First Name:
    Rafael
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO
    WELCOME from AB!

11. Jun 8, 2020 at 5:46 PM
    JustSomeGuy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I've been to Alberta a few times with this Tundra already. It actually came from Alberta originally. According to the Carfax, it spent its first two or three years there.

12. Jun 8, 2020 at 6:17 PM
    Lovetrucks

Lovetrucks Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram Rebel
    Welcome from Ontario Canada

Products Discussed in

To Top