1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto headlights stopped working after...

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Niles.nemo, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Oct 19, 2019 at 8:34 PM
    Niles.nemo

Niles.nemo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Niles
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra CM Platinum
    Ok so today I installed my 12voltsolutions plug and play remote start. Everything went together like a glove. But tonight I go to pickup dinner and realize my automatic headlights aren’t turning on. But if I turn the stick to the manual headlights on spot. They work perfectly. I’m not sure if it’s possible that maybe I unplugged a ambient light sensor wire? Or if something that controls the auto lights is running through the same harness as the remote start system. I could really use some insight if anyone can weigh in on the situation. Thank you

Tisoy281 likes this.
  2. Jul 23, 2020 at 6:35 AM
    Tisoy281

Tisoy281 New Member

Member:

Did you ever find a solution? Had the same thing happen since my Viper alarm was installed 3 months ago on my truck, and still haven't found a solution.

3. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:04 AM
    pmfr67

pmfr67 New Member

Member:
    So Fl
    Vehicle:
    2007 CrewMax SR5
    Did you contact the company and ask them? I installed the remote start from James@tech12volts and Im planing to install an auto light switch on my 07 CM, I'll be following this threat for solution prior to continuing with mine.

4. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:18 AM
    TRDFerguson

TRDFerguson SSEM #99/RGBA #8-ish?/It’s a funny name.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Southeast Greater Basin, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CrüeMax
    I've read people have two main issues when this happens. First is that the BCM plug inside the dash to the left of the steering wheel doesn't get fully plugged in. It's a bugger because the pins are very small and fragile, but the plug itself takes a good deal of pressure to seat it correctly, where you'll get a "click" that it's fully engaged.

The other is dependant on the module used by the vendor. There were a batch of I think Compustar modules that needed to get reprogrammed for auto headlights to work correctly, but I'm not positive which vendor it was. It would be worth reaching out to your installer or seller to see if there are any software/firmware updates available.

5. Mar 10, 2022 at 6:50 AM
    PNW_Husky

PNW_Husky New Member

Member:
    Great Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CM Platinum
    @Niles.nemo - Did you ever get this resolved? I took my dash apart yesterday to replace some trim pieces and now my auto lights aren't working. Wondering if this has anything to do with my remote start module/wiring.

Products Discussed in

To Top