1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto AC Climate Control

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by BlueBottle, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Aug 25, 2017 at 7:27 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle [OP] not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    I have a 2016 Platinum with the auto hvac controls. I just noticed this latelY. Before turning the truck off to park, I know the controls are set to OFF. When I start the truck back on later, in the day, the A/C is off but after a few seconds it automatically turns on AUTO!!!! Is there something wrong with my truck or is that normal!?!?!?

2. Aug 26, 2017 at 1:58 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    Tried this today - mine does NOT do this. Mine is also a 2016 Platinum with auto hvac controls. I parked, and then turned off hvac before turning the truck off. Went out a few hours later and started the truck to go run some errands...it stayed off for a good 5 or 6 minutes, then I turned it back on. Mine did not turn on by itself. I would say yours is not normal at this point. Let me know if there is something else you want me to try for you. In between our "tropical storm" rain bands (from Hurricane Harvey), i would be glad to help.

3. Aug 26, 2017 at 2:01 PM
    BlueBottle

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    I wonder if the temperature has to be a certain temp for it to turn on?

Also, before turning it off, was auto on? I usually use auto most of the time. I will try turning mine off not on auto to see if that changes anything.

Another thing is it might be an option on techstream. I will check once I get a hold of a techstream

4. Aug 26, 2017 at 2:07 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    I turned my hvac completely off. If you leave auto on, but turn AC off and restart, auto will turn the AC back on. I always leave mine in auto and just change temp as needed. For your original question, I turned everything off before turning off the truck. When I started the truck again, nothing came on. This time of year, I set my temp at 70-71 and sync the passenger side.

5. Aug 27, 2017 at 9:56 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I added Auto Climate to my SR5. It always stays to however I have it set after a restart. I've also made some adjustments in Techstream so that Recirculate stays how I've set it and doesn't reset to Fresh after 15 minutes. I use it on Fresh 99% of the time anyway. I don't recall seeing any settings in TS to address the OP's question, but my truck is a 2nd Generation, and things may be slightly different in newer trucks.

6. Aug 27, 2017 at 3:08 PM
    BlueBottle

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    So i couldn't replicate it yesterday. Maybe I was pressing auto without knowing it!?!?
    Ill check again this week. It's gonna be a warm week.

ChucklesToy likes this.
  7. Nov 30, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    mon112387

mon112387 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Buffalo, New York
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra
    When I start my truck up the auto climate control light comes on and I can’t control my heater for 30 secs. Then finally the light goes away and I cant control my heater. I’ve tried to turn the auto climate control off but it just keeps coming back on every time I start the truck. Big assistance is needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top