1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Artic Coating

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by mgm16trdpro, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Apr 13, 2018 at 10:07 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Does anyone on the site or even know of anyone who has got a vehicle artic coated? It's been around for 3 yrs now. It was actually started by the same guys who started ceramic coatings, I believe ceramic pro. They didn't like the way the company's direction was headed so they broke off and started artic coating. I believe it's based in Norway so they can relate to the tough winters, snow, and road salt. It's actually a 2 step /product coating with a base coating applied followed by a top coating.

There's only 2 shops in the states who are certified to apply and 1 just so happens to be in NJ near me. Finally, I get lucky with something.

I'm guessing not too many people can help give any advice or personal experiences since it's only been around for 3 yrs and so limited in it's availability.

The owner of the shop who's 1 of 2 shops in the U.S. is able to apply that and/or the ceramic coatings. He says as soon as he gets a new vehicle in his family it's the 1st thing they do applying artic coat. That says something to me when he has choices and can coat with ceramic coating but chooses artic coating for his own vehicles.

Supposedly it lasts at least 2 years with proper maintenance but comes with a big price tag just like the other coatings. With paint correction I was quoted $1000.

I'm seriously contemplating doing this very soon and based on everything I've read and seen online, it looks like it could be "the shit" when it comes to protecting your paint. It's like wax times a thousand. The big seller for me is also that it cuts down your wash time by 50%. A foam cannon, rinse, and leaf blower is all it takes to get the truck back to showroom condtion..

Anyone know or hear anything? Good or bad I'm looking for any thoughts, advice, or wisdom that anyone can contribute. TIA.

Products Discussed in

To Top