1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Arm / Disarm chirp question

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by CM-LENNY, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Nov 21, 2016 at 6:35 PM
    CM-LENNY

CM-LENNY [OP] No Complaints

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 CrewMax SR5
    PRO shocks, 37's Nitto G2's 4:88 diffs, few other mods
    Searched around and couldn't find the answer. I would like to simply quiet the arm/disarm chirp horn. Don't want it necessarily deleted, but just quieter. Does anyone know where that chirp horn is so I can throw some sound deadening material in it to quiet it up. Anything would help. Thanks in advance to whom can point me in the right direction........

2. Nov 21, 2016 at 6:57 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Check your entune settings or get techsteam to customize yourself or ask the dealer to do it

Edit: that's to disable it

3. Nov 22, 2016 at 5:26 AM
    cdkenne

cdkenne Toyota Master Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    KS
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 TRD Offroad
    285/70R17, '15 4Run Trail Wheels, Westin Shopping Cart Basher, SnapOn license plate cover that adds >50 HP
    Several Toyotas have the option to change the chirp volume via the 'Customize Settings' menu on Techstream. Your dealer can take care of this for you. If they are nice, they'll even do it for free. How long have you had your truck?

4. Nov 30, 2016 at 1:52 PM
    bsavoir

bsavoir New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Killeen, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Limited CM 4x4
    Gibson Metal Mulisha Exhaust, Replaced bulbs w/ LED's, AFe intake, Bullydog Tuner, Aftermarket Audio system, Rhino Bed Light sports bar, Tonneau Cover, Spyder Auto Headlights and Taillights, Recon 3rd Brake Light, Kensun HID's, Fender Flares, Custom Leather Interior, Heated Seats, 5% Tint on the Rear Windows, Pod light Foglights, 31" light bar behind the grille, linex spray bedliner, linex sprayed grille, ditch lights w/ dual 3in LED pods, 60" Tailgate LED strip.
    If your still looking for the chirp horn, it can be located behind the panel below the left headlight. I found it by accident when I was wiring my Raptor style lights to the side marker on the headlights.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  5. Dec 2, 2016 at 7:20 PM
    CM-LENNY

CM-LENNY [OP] No Complaints

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 CrewMax SR5
    PRO shocks, 37's Nitto G2's 4:88 diffs, few other mods
    Thanks Corey. I have a SR5 with the non-nav radio and not sure if it has the custom settings you are talking about. What is Techstream ? I have had my truck just over a year.
    Thanks Brian.......With the front bumper I made I should be able to see that horn fairly easy. Keep ya posted............Thanks

6. Dec 3, 2016 at 10:00 AM
    cdkenne

cdkenne Toyota Master Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    KS
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 TRD Offroad
    285/70R17, '15 4Run Trail Wheels, Westin Shopping Cart Basher, SnapOn license plate cover that adds >50 HP
    Techstream is the laptop we plug into Toyotas at the dealership. If you don't have options on your stereo, you'll need to take it to a dealer to have the chirp reprogrammed. I would request that you go with the tech when he reprograms it so you can confirm the volume is correct to your liking.

CM-LENNY[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top