1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are you this extreme? (video)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Dec 31, 2015 at 9:09 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    You would never catch me hanging off a tall building or walking poles above a stadium, but this guy has bigger cohonas than I do.

Emily describes parkour as using one’s body to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. Freerunning is similar, but adds obstacles – such as buildings, fences, trees, or heights – and focuses more on personal style or expression. While not a freerunner herself, Emily’s work requires an equally exacting and precise set of skills, because many of the stunts her subjects pull off can only happen once, and her sense of timing and composition have to be exact.

While they usually have to sneak into their locations, Emily and the athletes have a firm policy of not breaking and entering or violating other laws, and of respecting law enforcement personnel. “We know that we’re not supposed to go up the fire escape or pull down the hatch to get to the roof. But if it’s unlocked, then it’s open — it’s accessible. We’re not breaking and entering,” she explains. Although police or security officers often do interrupt shoots, they are usually surprisingly understanding, and arrests or citations are rare. “I haven’t been arrested, but there is a hotel in Germany that I am not allowed to go back to,” she laughs.

One of Emily’s most breathtaking photos is of her boyfriend, professional freerunner, Jason Paul, as he hangs from a ledge, dozens of stories above the streets of Bangkok, Thailand. “A lot of people ask if it’s fake. It looks so insane, and it’s 100 percent real. There’s no wires. There’s no tricks,” she says.

When asked about her fears for her boyfriend’s safety, as he dangled by his fingertips, Emily is nonchalant. “I was obviously very nervous and scared for him. But you know, we are on the same page as far as we want to show this sport. We want to get the shot that really explains what our lives are like, and it wouldn’t be as much fun without a little bit of risk,” she says.

Although Emily’s photos may give some of her viewers vertigo, she isn’t after shock value, but rather inspiration. Capturing once-in-a-lifetime images on a regular basis has not only been a dream come true for Emily but has also taught her to value every moment of life. “Freerunning has forced me to look at life in a different way, because you can’t say, ‘Oh, I’ll do that later,’ or ‘I’ll do that next time,’” she explains. “You may never have that experience in your lifetime again. You have to do it right now. You have to get the shot — now.”

2. Dec 31, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Offroad 5.7 Crew Max
    Tundra All Weather Floor Mats
    heyzues.. Nope.

3. Dec 31, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    Yesterday morning, I had an extra cup of coffee. Today I may just go renegade and add another lump of sugar.

4. Dec 31, 2015 at 11:31 AM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    My palms got really sweaty just and i started to feel a little sick just watching...so no.:eek: I cant even go on a roller coaster anymore. LOL

5. Dec 31, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
  6. Jan 1, 2016 at 9:38 AM
    TruckLife900

TruckLife900 I'd rather B hunting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 White SR5
    No way! But people say in crazy for riding motorcycles and dirt bikes, maybe it's perspective?

7. Jan 1, 2016 at 11:46 AM
    flynbyu2

flynbyu2 I'm your huckleberry...

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 CrewMax 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 50 / Dual In - Dual Out Exhaust BakFlipG2 Tonneau Cover TRD Rear Sway Bar
    I've only got one word......Darwin

8. Jan 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM
    Cutter29

Cutter29 ...

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2015 Super White TRD PRO
    Insane! and I have over 600 BASE jumps...

Products Discussed in

To Top