1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone running serious weight up front..?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jpix75, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Oct 5, 2019 at 1:56 PM
    Jpix75

Jpix75 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra CM SR5 TRD, Midnight Black
    So within the next week or two I’ll be having a V plow installed on my ‘19 CM TRD OR. The plow weighs in at 750lbs. The dealer (also the installer) said that he’s sold and installed numerous set ups like this on Tundras, and assured me the truck can handle it well. He actually had 3 Tundras in the shop getting outfitted while I was there. All 3 trucks were brand new 19s and 20s and had no mods on the suspension done. I asked him about level kits because my goal is to level mine out, and I’d like to ditch the stock rubber and move up to a 285/70/18. He said that as long as the lift isn’t outrageous, it should work out (referring to the push plates and plow being lined up correctly.

My question. Do you guys think 6112s up front would handle the weight of the plow? Are they rated less than the TRD OR springs that I have on the truck now? I do plan on putting Timbrens in place of the factory bumpstops as I think it will help with any squat I might encounter when the plow is raised. If the 6112s are good to go, would 1.9 be enough to stick the 285 RGs under it without trimming? I don’t mind removing the front flap, I just don’t want to hack up a new truck.

I won’t be using this plow commercially, nor do I plan on riding around with it hanging off the front of my truck all winter. So, when it is off, I’d like to have a decently comfortable ride.

Thanks for the help!

Products Discussed in

To Top