1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone in here run the R4T high clearance exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Kalashnikov 47, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Apr 1, 2023 at 5:31 PM
    Kalashnikov 47

Kalashnikov 47 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sr5 double cab gang
    I'm currently running the trd pro dual exhaust, anyone in here running
    The R4T high clearance exhaust how does the growl stack up to trd pro dual exhaust?

2. Apr 1, 2023 at 6:28 PM
    cctxquicksand

cctxquicksand IG - TRDistheWrd

Member:
    @pupperrunner ran one I believe, he may not be around anymore since he has since sold his tundra. He may have a video or two on his IG

Kalashnikov 47[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 1, 2023 at 6:50 PM
    Kalashnikov 47

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sr5 double cab gang
    Damn I wanted to see if it sounded better or the same as the dual exhaust... what's his Instagram? Pupperrunner I assume?

4. Apr 4, 2023 at 8:33 PM
    StreamerJunkie505

StreamerJunkie505 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    20’ TRD Sport 4x4
    Only sound clips I’ve found was the YouTube vid they posted as well as another YouTube vid that was posted by another user. Those are the two best clips I’ve found. From what I’ve read it has a little bit more “punch” in sound than the TRD Pro dual exhaust. I think it sounds great from the clips, just not sure it wouldn’t “drone” while on highway trips due to it being dumped right under the cab. I want a little more growl from my V8 and at that price, think it would be a great option. I reached out to Puperrunner a bit ago and he said it was a great exhaust, he ran it out the side as a side exit exhaust on his wide body build…it’s the same truck at the end of the R4T YouTube vid. He said it sounded the same when it was ran under, even a little louder when ran under the truck. I’m curious as well if anyone else has any first hand experience with this system.

5. Apr 4, 2023 at 11:52 PM
    dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds Exhaust Fabricator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    more than I can list here
    You’ll want to run a single exhaust if low end torque is important to you. More specific than that, you’ll want to exit thru a stock diameter tailpipe.

You’ll need a Helmholtz resonator if no drone is important.

StreamerJunkie505 likes this.
  6. Apr 5, 2023 at 6:42 AM
    StreamerJunkie505

Member:
    Vehicle:
    20’ TRD Sport 4x4
    You are the subject matter expert most definitely on Tundra exhausts :thumbsup:…gonna most likely pick up one of your systems when the funds allow.

dirtydeeds[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Apr 15, 2023 at 1:23 AM
    ASV_Tundra

ASV_Tundra Adventure Sports Vehicle (ASV)

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Vehicle:
    Beastly Mall Crawler
    Motor/Drivetrain: - Runnin4tacos Exhaust - Tk421tuning Overland Tune - Nitro 5.29 Gears - Balanced Performance Shaft Suspension: - Coachbuilder Ekstrom Front Spacer - SPC Upper Control arms - IVD Suspension Stage 9 Suspension - Camburgracing Racing rear lift shackle - Timberen rear bump stops - Total Chaos Diff Drop Spacer Overland/Other: - Warn Industries Winch - Factor 55 Fairlead - UpTop Overland Bedrack - Prinsuracks Roof Rack - Roam Adventure Storage Boxes - Gofsr High Country 63 Tent - Huracan Fabrication Tailgate cabinet - Decked Bed cargo slider and pan - Center counsel safe and rear seat safes - Weathertech Floor Matts - Rago Dash Mount - 8 Gallon WaterPort Wheels/Tire/Other: - Nitto Ridge Grappler 37” tires - Method Race Wheels 17" wheel - Coachbuilder Ekstrom rear brake relocate kit Electrical/Lighting: - Sierra Wireless - WeBoost - PCI Icom Radio - Kenwood DMX1057xr - Race Siren with 200-watt speaker - Rago Tundra mount - ARB Dual Onboard air system w/ internal bed hookup - Ram mount tablet holder with RAM hub for power supply. - 12v and USB, power ran and installed into the bed of the truck. - ATAK Android Base Station - Switch-Pros - 4 Baja Designs LP 6s - 2 Baja DesignsXL Sports - 2 Baja DesignsSquadron Pros - 4 Baja DesignsS1 camp lights - 7 Baja Designslinkable kit for light bar - 2 Baja Designs IR Lights - 2 Baja Designschase strobe lights - Alpharexusa Headlights - Alpharexusa Taillights - Anytime front and rear camera - Sharkee Mimo Body: - CBI Offroad Hybrid Front Bumper - CBI Sliders - CBI front skids - CBI Rear Bumper - CBI Full Armor Kit - Retrax Bed Cover XR Bed Cover w T Slots - UltraSwing™ Mega-Fit Spare Tire Hitch Mount @rigdsupply - Tailgate Camera Relocation Kit RiGd - License Plate Light Kit RiGd Supply - Bed Molle left and right side with HiLift mount bracket - CBI Lower Control arm Skids - Evil Manufacturing 3rd break light with Antenna
    I’m currently running this. Sounds is awesome, isn’t over the top but when you get on it, it opens up and roars. I’ll take an audio clip for you guys and share in the next few days.

8. Apr 15, 2023 at 9:56 AM
    StreamerJunkie505

Member:
    Vehicle:
    20’ TRD Sport 4x4
    Heck ya would love to hear a different perspective than the limited YouTube vids show. Thx!

9. Nov 2, 2023 at 8:10 PM
    Kalashnikov 47

Member:
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sr5 double cab gang
    Show us the clip please!!

Products Discussed in

To Top