1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone here have 2006 with Taupe Leather seats

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Dpy, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Mar 22, 2019 at 6:02 AM
    Dpy

Dpy [OP] New Member

Member:
    From the 2006 Tundra brochure I found in line , there is only one tan like color in 2006 as far as leather . It is called Taupe. I ordered some taupe dye that suppose to match but it looks a bit more like a bad makeup job . Even in the bottle it looks a bit different which I figured was ok being it has to dry and will change , then, I looked on their web site and saw a demo of a guy touching up a seat and the dye in liquid form looked exactly like the seat color . Even when he applied it , it was hard to see any difference before drying. If anyone on here has taupe leather and also possibly have the color code please let me know . Thanks

Update I failed to mention that the exterior is desert tan mica. I believe this exterior color was popular with the taupe interior .

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  2. Mar 22, 2019 at 6:50 AM
    TVU682

TVU682 New Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘06 Limited DC Tundra
    can you post some pictures of your interior?

3. Mar 22, 2019 at 11:21 AM
    Dpy

Dpy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yes I will later when I get home . I found another place in Houston TX that has both driver and pass front bottom and top in supposedly factory color and also is true leather except the lower sides just like the factory covers. I ordered the drivers bottom because mine is torn pretty bad but the rest of mine are good enough to re dye . Also I talked to a man at autoleatherdye in Virginia where I got the dye from and he said I could return the dye I got, send a small patch from some where on the seats and he would match it. I will send the best looking area from drivers bottom I have now since I ordered a new cover .

speedtre likes this.
  4. Mar 22, 2019 at 11:22 AM
    Dpy

Dpy [OP] New Member

Member:
  5. Mar 22, 2019 at 11:24 AM
    Dpy

Dpy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yep . truck was used as a work truck . I have cleaned it up pretty good since this pic. This pic was taken in sun and appears a bit light.

6. Mar 23, 2019 at 2:07 PM
    TVU682

TVU682 New Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘06 Limited DC Tundra
    whats the name of the place you found in Houston? do they sell the dye? or the leather???

7. Mar 23, 2019 at 6:05 PM
    Dpy

Dpy [OP] New Member

Member:
    It was usautonation.com ph# 832-790-4949. They sell on ebay but their web site don't list toyota so I called and they sell front only both top and bottom and told me they would do my back if I sent it to them .I asked about dye but they dont sell it . As far as leather , not sure. autoleatherdye.com sells dye. I ordered some and it was wrong , talked to a guy there and he said to send a small piece and he would match it for no extra charge.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top