1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any issues with this kind of headlight?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Nor7, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jan 5, 2017 at 10:07 AM
    Nor7

Nor7 [OP] Chilton Manual Guy

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra Limited CM, 5.7L
    My headlights are a little hazy, the dealership tried to buff them up before I bought it but they still look a little scratched up.

SO... I will eventually replace them. The OEM's are priced around $230, mine are not adjustable up and down so my options are open.

Question is, are there any issues with the cool looking ones I see for around $180? Like this one?

headlights.jpg

2. Jan 5, 2017 at 11:01 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    You can wet sand them. Start with the most abrasive one required to get the initial scratches out and work your way up. Finish off at 2500 or 3000 grit sand paper. Then I like to use the same steps with polishing compound until I get a nice glaze. I had my previous car headlights turn out almost brand-new. Then just stay on top of them.

3. Jan 5, 2017 at 11:41 AM
    boardude

boardude I am Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [YODAGAN]
    2015 Inferno Ex-Pro
    I would be cautious with anything from Ebay (not sure where you found these). The quality isn't that great and they are known to leak and fog, hence the price. If you do end up getting them I would add a bead of silicone arounf the housing for xtra seal

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Backslider likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top