1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any and all “Build sheets” needed and or appreciated for our 2008 Sequoia rehab project.

Discussion in '2nd Gen Builds (2007-2013)' started by Grant2GenSequoia, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Oct 28, 2021 at 7:23 AM
    Grant2GenSequoia

Grant2GenSequoia [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    grant
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Sequoia
    The used car market is crazy $$$ right now. So instead, we’re looking to put some $$ into building out our 2008 Toyota Sequoia by modifying everything that can be done to make this thing even more enjoyable than it already is. It’s primarily my wife’s daily driver, but we’d love to maybe take it out and camp in it occasionally. I realize these rhinos are a little thicker and longer to navigate into tight off road areas and thus will need to be selective on the off roading we’ll do with such a big beast.

Any “build sheets” (with pricing?) would be greatly appreciated. I’m in no way putting myself in the same company as those of you who are certified mechanics, and so I won’t be offended at all if you explain things to me like the newbie I am. (In fact, I welcome any and all explanations that might help someone like me install or troubleshoot problems that you may have encountered?) Thanks in advance for helping me locate reliable parts, part numbers, prices and reputable vendors that you’d have no problems recommending.

Grant2GenSequoia

2. Oct 28, 2021 at 10:38 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    Use the search function in upper right and search sequoia, you will get hits and there are some sequoia build and mods threads on this site.

If it is a daily driver and you want to camp occasionally then leaving it stock and installing slightly larger tires (33inchers) may be all you need to do. They are quite capable vehicles, even stock.

Otherwise list more info about your needs, what repair or mods you are considering. First thing I would suggest is to get up to date on any maintenance.

Products Discussed in

To Top