1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AMP Research BedStep2 Installation - anyone successful?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by PeteP, May 24, 2021.

1. May 24, 2021 at 9:04 AM
    PeteP

PeteP [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Vehicle:
    21 Nightshade Limited 4WD
    Line-X
    My kids purchased the Side Step for my 21 Tundra DualCab Limited. I already installed their rear step, so I figured I should be able to figure out how to install the Side Step. At age 67, I've assembled a lot of bikes, built a garage, do my own motorcycle maintenance, have changed bearings, etc - But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to install the BedStep2.

Called their Tech Support - nice guy, had nothing to offer besides the included instructions. No vehicle specific video. I'm ready to return it.

Is it just me, or has anyone else been able to install this thing? #AMP75409-01A
    https://www.amp-research.com/bedstep-2-side-bumper-step/2021/toyota/tundra

2. May 24, 2021 at 6:03 PM
    Dsptundra

Dsptundra Still a new member...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Austin TX Area
    Vehicle:
    2021 Silver Limited CM
    Husky X-act, front windows tint, Xpel PPF, center console organizer and tray, TRD rear sway bar, touch screen cover, transmission cooler, wireless charger, keyless tailgate lock.
  3. May 25, 2021 at 6:42 AM
    PeteP

PeteP [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Vehicle:
    21 Nightshade Limited 4WD
    Line-X
    Thank you, much appreciated.
    Yes, those are the instructions - I have the instruction manual. The problem is that after removing the brake cable clamps, the pictures do not appear to match the frame components. I ended up returning the product. It was nice quality. Heavy duty steel. But for $300 they really need to do a better job with the instructions. Just my opinion.

4. May 25, 2021 at 8:24 AM
    Coastboater

Coastboater New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 1794
    Wheels & Tires, Power Running Boards
    I'm not much help to your specific problem, but after installing their powered boards I wrote them a note about the instructions they included. The instructions were copies of copies done on a copier that had never been maintained and marginally legible.
    For what they charge I would think they would send the original digital files to a printing company and have nice sharp instructions and probably get it done cheaper than printing them on the shipping department copier.

PeteP[OP] likes this.
  5. Jan 19, 2023 at 3:04 PM
    EDDO

EDDO                         

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 OR MGM 5.7
    Old thread, but I found this when looking into getting one of these. Instructions aren't great but you'll figure it out eventually. Bottom line is it can be done. I'm not sure I like it enough to keep it but time will tell.

Side note for passenger side installation: Folded, the step contacts the forward clamp on a Deaver U748 leaf pack.

Products Discussed in

To Top