1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air Injection

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by MaxD17, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Aug 7, 2018 at 4:05 PM
    MaxD17

MaxD17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra TRD
    Nothing, yet...
    New guy here.

Hi.

Need some help with a decision. My Secondary Air Injection Valve is stuck closed.

Is that something I need to put on credit right now or can I take some time and budget for it? Maybe it’s something that’s a freaky flaw and I just need to do something simple to fix the problem.

I’m not sure. Thanks for looking and I look forward to reading your thoughts.

2. Aug 7, 2018 at 4:27 PM
    Theyfzman

Theyfzman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Pa
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    Welcome search search search Theres a lot of info on the SAIP you can get a by pass for it be way cheaper or check with your local dealer they may be willing to replace under warranty

T-Rex266 likes this.
  3. Aug 7, 2018 at 4:44 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I thought it depends on where your aip failed. Open or closed. Also whether or not you’ve had a aip ecm update?

4. Aug 7, 2018 at 5:37 PM
    MaxD17

MaxD17 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra TRD
    Nothing, yet...
    I bought the truck used when it was 6’ish years old so I don’t know if it’s ECU has been flashed.
    I was doing some research and found that this is a relatively common problem with 2nd Gen Tundras. Because it is common Toyota extended the factory warranty on it. I’m just trying to figure out how long. I’ve read different lengths.
    Ultimately I’m just curious if I need to address the problem now or if I can take my time researching and saving money.

5. Aug 13, 2018 at 6:40 PM
    esad

esad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 gray Tundra
    I am having the same problem. When I checked with the dealer, they said the extended warranty was 150K or ten years from the date the truck was put in service. I missed by 4 months. BUT I was able to repair both of my air injection valves. It cost me about $20 and took some time. Better than shelling out $500+ for parts. Let me know I will tell you how.

NewImprovedRon and Prostar 190 like this.
  6. Aug 16, 2018 at 4:16 PM
    TundLee

TundLee New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite Mica 08 Tundra Rough Conutry
    3.5” Rough Country Lift Kit 20 inch Fuel wheels 33X12.5R20 LT ATTURO TRAIL BLADE X/T NGK Iridium ix sparkplugs FLOWMASTER DUAL Straight out back Heavy Duty General Springs (Extra leaf)
    Help me out bro. Need that air injector pump bank to be open. I think it’s stuck close now. How you get it fix for $20 only?

7. Aug 19, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    esad

esad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 gray Tundra
    Tundlee. Sorry about the wait. I will posting the procedure shortly (ten minutes).

8. Aug 19, 2018 at 5:52 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    $20? Lol. You need to add another two (2) zeroes there

9. Aug 21, 2018 at 5:22 AM
    esad

esad New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 gray Tundra
    I see a problem with this forum. It seems most folks are more interested is pouring thousands of bucks into their already expensive Tundras. I, on the other hand, am just trying to keep my 2008 on the road without spending giga bucks on parts and service. So I will be leaving now.

10. Aug 22, 2018 at 8:08 PM
    TundLee

TundLee New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite Mica 08 Tundra Rough Conutry
    3.5” Rough Country Lift Kit 20 inch Fuel wheels 33X12.5R20 LT ATTURO TRAIL BLADE X/T NGK Iridium ix sparkplugs FLOWMASTER DUAL Straight out back Heavy Duty General Springs (Extra leaf)
    People just talk too much bro. Don’t worried about them. They won’t know the struggle if this don’t happen to them. Anyway I got my truck fix already. It was the air injector valve. For the 4.7L 2007 to 2013. The valve are easy to get to but there a lot tight spot. I had to check the pump first. I had to take the splash guard the off the passenger side to drain all water out from the pump Collecting water in there and check it with a positive see if it still operate. Then I also have to take the intake manifold off to get to the second air Injector pump also have to check it out to as well. Both of them are still operational then I went to check on the passenger side air injector valve. Well that one was the problem. Because it had the intrusion, rust & dirt that stuck open that valve, so I replace them with the orally part made from Dorman. I had to get the part number from the dealer for them. Luckily they have one in stock. Lol. Got it installed it, reassemble everything back. Start it up. Sound like a beast again. Test drive it, had torque again. Thanks for the info. I was looking into the seal like you Told me but the seal are pretty much done. Anyway thanks bro.

11. Aug 23, 2018 at 3:45 AM
    Twinky

Twinky Keep the shinny side up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Kemah, Texas chillin on my ChrisCraft 480
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab work horse
    Stereo upgrades: -HU, Pioneer Mvh bs501 -Tweeters, Peerless(vifa) XT25SC90-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator s in custom pods. -Mids, Silver Flute W17RC38-04 6.5" Wool Cone Woofer. -Subwoofer, American Bass XR12. 2.3^3ft tuned @33-34 hz. -Tw Amp, Old School 2ch Sony. -Mids Amp, Old School Autotek Sx275. -Sub Amp, Old School Memphis 16-pr1.1000 -Zero gauge big 3. 0 and 4 gauge copper runs to amps.
    Well, honestly, compared to alot of other similar forums this site stay pretty organized. If theres a common issue it tends to stay in the thread that it was first addressed.

That leaves alot of front page room for questions about upgrades and threads on uncommon problems.

Thankfully most issues are ones that Toyota addresses and resolves.

If you have a problem with your truck and would like a little insite or help with it then this is the place to ask.

This forum has alot more helpful and positive members then most ive come across.

15whtrd and T-Rex266 like this.
  12. Dec 9, 2018 at 10:23 AM
    greywolf55

greywolf55 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra
    none
    Hi guys - does anyone know if the extension of warranty coverage (to 10yr/150k) for the AIP extends through the 2012 model year? I know it covers through 2011 Tundras, but not sure about 2012s. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top