1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air Bags 2019 Tundra

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by 19ToyTun, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Jan 28, 2023 at 6:14 AM
    19ToyTun

19ToyTun [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD
    level and lift
    I purchased Air Lift 5000 Ultimate bags for my 2019 Tundra with rear 2"lift, I was sold on the internal jounce bumper. I'm having second thoughts on the AL kit as it comes with many additional mounting parts as opposed to the Firestone kit, in fact the distributor for AL suggested the purchase of additional spacers in the event the new bags didn't fit. I like the idea of installing cradles vs bolting the bags to the axle, unless convinced otherwise I will stick with the cradles. The Firestone kit is fairly straight forward with minimal mounting hardware, in my opinion less hardware means less lose bolts. Based on my review of YouTube videos, I think its a safe to say 95% of bag installations on Tundra's utilize Firestone kits. Needless to say, todays installation is on hold, anybody have any experience with bags and cradles? Much appreciated

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  2. Jan 28, 2023 at 6:33 AM
    gnatehack

gnatehack New Member

Member:
    Middle of Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 5.7 4x4 Bench
    PRO wheels. Maintenance
    I bought Airlift. Couldn’t be happier with them. Easy install with lots of room to work, parts of the kit seem to be high quality, so far this MN winter I haven’t had any leaks or other issues, no loose bolts after 10k miles of towing and driving.
    I did have to buy a low pressure gauge, but more tools are always a good purchase.
    I would consider the options of the extra pieces they sent you as a bonus for your lifted set up. Make it work for your application and send it.

19ToyTun[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 28, 2023 at 7:30 AM
    Silver17

Silver17 Used, but returned and sold as new member

Member:
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD 4x4 Harrop SC
    Eibach pro 2.0s, toytec progressive mini AAL, ARE CX cap, Airlift bags, Harrop Supercharger, 650cc injectors, 77.5mm pulley, TRD Dual exhaust, J&L catchcan, Powertrax LSD, RRW RR7-H, 305/70r17 Toyo AT3s
    I have the airlift kit with the jounce bumpers and it is very solid. Install wasn’t too bad. I also installed with lower cradles. I preferred the looks of the airlift over the Firestone when I was shipping as I recall.

Products Discussed in

To Top