1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air bag light

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Giants3890, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Jan 20, 2019 at 9:07 AM
    Giants3890

Giants3890 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    14 tundra
    My airbag light is on. Any idea why? And how to fix? I tried disconnecting battery that didn’t work

2. Jan 20, 2019 at 9:14 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Check the connections under the seat. Make sure all the pins are pushed in to the connectors. My wife has an XB that this happened to. We brought it into the dealer and they fixed it but they told me it voided the warranty because we had seat covers. Stupid but they told me the wires get pulled on. Even having anything under the seat voids warranty. They took care of me anyways. It happened again later on. I just went under the seat and made sure all the wiring was connected and pushed together well. The light turned off.

3. Jan 20, 2019 at 9:15 AM
    tja1080

tja1080 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2016 Platinum
    Had the same issue. Took it in to the dealership and they found a broken wire/connector under the passenger seat that they were able to fix. It took them about 5 hours though.

4. Jan 20, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    Giants3890

Giants3890 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    14 tundra
    Ok thanks. I’ll check under seat. I know there is a mini amp under passenger seat but I had after market sound syestem installed and they cut into the wires there but I had that installed with under 1000 miles I’m over 80k now

Products Discussed in

To Top