1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Agricover Lomax Tonneau Cover?!

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by DocC22, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Nov 5, 2016 at 8:17 PM
    DocC22

DocC22 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794 TRD
    I was ready to go get the Undercover Flex Ultra cover for my truck, and went to the truck place here to get it. My friend recommended the Undercover Flex because he has one and said that was what this truck place recommended to him. When I got there, they were very excited about a new cover called the Lomax by Agricover. It has pros and cons with other covers I guess. It is aluminum, so maybe more secure, but also can get hail dings and scratches from other things. It does remove easily from the bed, with no tools necessary. It's not as low profile as the Undercover, but seems to maybe seal a little better, and the rubber seals aren't as exposed to the sun and environment as much as the Flex.

My question is, has anybody installed one of these on their truck yet, or seen one installed? Would like thoughts and opinions please. You can see it at Agricover.com. I am leaning toward Flex Ultra, but just don't want to make a mistake. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you folks may have.

2. Nov 20, 2016 at 10:56 AM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    Very impressive. I wonder how it installs on a Tundra with cargo rails. Videos only show a truck without rails, but I like the way it installs if they accommodate the rails! And no drain tubes or gutters.

3. Nov 20, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    DocC22

DocC22 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2017 1794 TRD
    Not sure. But I'm guessing that since it sits on top of bed, the rail system wouldn't be a big deal. I like the lack of exposure of the rubber between the panels.

4. Nov 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    What I am referring to is the method of attachment of the tonneau rail to the bed rail area. While BAK models also sit on a rail system, they require lowering of the cargo rails using a kit provided if ordered that way - they use the cargo rail attach points for their rail (if you have a cargo rail system). In the BAK installation instructions, its obvious which one is compatible with the OEM cargo rail or not. Some other brands state clearly whether they are compatible of require removal of the OEM cargo rail system.

I like the Lomax cover top for all of the reasons you name, but the installation videos on their site only show a truck that does not have OEM cargo rails and shows that they clamp under the bed rail area, just like other brands do when no OEM cargo rail is present. One of the reasons I like the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 is that it does not interfere with the stock location of the OEM cargo rails. It also is easy to remove completely since it attaches directly to the bed rail without a tonneau rail.

In summary, if you have and use the OEM cargo rail system, you should check how the Lomax tonneau cover rail attaches if you have the cargo rail because it is not mentioned on their site.

UPDATE: By the way, it may be a moot point anyway...I went to the "Buy" tab and they don't even list a Toyota model; some years its only Dodge. In 2016, they mention Chevy, Dodge and Ford and in 2017, only Chevy and Dodge. We are outa luck....

rearro likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top