1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket seats with SRS light?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by djt3999, May 14, 2022.

1. May 14, 2022 at 4:44 AM
    djt3999

djt3999 [OP] New Member

Member:
    My 08 SR5 Crewmax driver's seat is trashed. I'm considering getting the Corbeau Sport Seats but concerned about what will happen with the SRS system/light since obviously there will be an unhooked connector for the OEM seat airbag.

Has anyone run into this problem yet? Thanks.

2. May 14, 2022 at 8:22 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    Guessing you will lose functionality of that system and probably get an warning light or error on the dash. You can have an upholstery shop rebuild your driver seat, did that with my 4runner. And search, there may still be toyota cushions available to purchase, which could be cheaper than a shop rebuild.

3. May 21, 2022 at 7:49 AM
    Jeff_5_7

Jeff_5_7 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Houston Tx Area
    Vehicle:
    2007 RCSB 2014+ TRD Pro Conversion 5.7 4x4
    Full 2014+ Conversion Regular Cab Short Bed 4X4 2019 TRD Pro Grill, 2014+ Front End Swap 2014+ Interior/Dash Swap with TRD Pro Leather Seats, 2014+ Bed Swap with TRD Pro Stamping SOS 2/4 Drop Kit
    Do some research on resistors to “clone” the airbag signal. I know in wheelchair/handicapped vehicles they remove the under dash knee airbag and put in a resistor to make the ecu still think it is present.

I am sure you can do something similar with the side airbag in the seats. Just fool the system into thinking everything is normal.

Might be able to measure the resistance of your seat airbag with a multimeter, grab a resistor to match and test it. Risky though so be careful and make sure you know what you are doing.

I would wire in the seat belt switch to the new seats also

Products Discussed in

To Top