1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Aftermarket passenger side locking door handle

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by BART, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Jan 7, 2019 at 11:27 AM
    BART

BART [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a 2018 Tundra SR double cab work truck. I do not have remote door locks. I do not have a fob. I open the locked door from the outside with the ignition key. I can lock and unlock the doors from the inside by pressing the electric buttons. But the only exterior lock to open the doors when locked from the outside is on the driver side door handle. There is no exterior lock on the passenger side door handle.

I am concerned that if the driver side exterior keyed door lock malfunctions or the key will not unlock it, I have no way to open the locked truck. I am looking for suggestions.

I have not been able to locate an aftermarket passenger side exterior door handle with a lock. Does anyone know of one available?

If I can not locate an aftermarket passenger side exterior door handle with a keyed lock, does anyone know how I can get into the locked truck from outside without breaking a window or calling a locksmith?

2. Jan 7, 2019 at 11:34 AM
    texasrho83

texasrho83 DGAF#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Conroe TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC MGM 4x4
    See build link
    Talk to your dealer

3. Jan 7, 2019 at 11:37 AM
    BART

BART [OP] New Member

Member:
    I talked to the dealer who said Toyota has no such item.

4. Jan 7, 2019 at 12:32 PM
    Spotman

Spotman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Virginia Beach, VA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 DC White SR
    So far, Weather Tech Front mats and new FOB with auto start and key less entry.
    I was in the same situation. Told dealer I was going to contact Corporate Office because the window sticker said there was "Key Less" entry! Within a week the sales man called me to go to a shop and they will install a remote start and key less entry on my truck at their cost. Works great now.

Bob

BART[OP] likes this.
  5. Jan 31, 2019 at 2:47 PM
    BART

BART [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bob, Thank you for your suggestion. I contacted the dealer. He referred me to my sticker which does say the work truck package I have "...Removes Wireless Door Lock Feature." I checked and it is on the sticker. He said there is nothing he will do for me. I do not think there is anything I can do about it. I did not contact corporate because I can not think of a good argument. Any ideas?

6. Jan 31, 2019 at 3:58 PM
    Spotman

Spotman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Virginia Beach, VA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 DC White SR
    So far, Weather Tech Front mats and new FOB with auto start and key less entry.
    It was not on my window sticker about removing it because of work truck. They did pull it up on their computer that said that. But my sticker only said wireless key entry and alarm system! How could you have alarm system if no key fob? Maybe my salesman was being nice (rare) and wanted to make me happy. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Products Discussed in

To Top