1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice from Tundra Owners

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by khunk, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Sep 22, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    khunk

khunk [OP] Tundra Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Marty
    Leland, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM Limited 4x4
    Hey everyone, Future new owner here and I am looking for advice. I am planning to "order" a 2017, 5.7L Cargo Max 4x4, SR5 real soon (within a month), I am going to have the SR5 upgrade and the TRD off road package with spray in bed liner & rail system at a minimum !! I would like to have running boards and the performance dual exhaust as well, but I can wait if it is wise to do so. The wife's only request is leather seats.

Here are my questions......I would love to have the TRD Pro in the cement color but I know it will be more $$$'s or Should I upgrade to a limited with all my options so that I get leather seats or just add the leather seats to the SR5. I feel like I'll get a good deal from my dealer which ever way I go, but I am wondering which way?

Any advice and input is helpful, Thanks and look forward to your answers!

2. Sep 22, 2016 at 2:53 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    If I was in your shoes I would try to get the best deal, then once everything is set, see if they could throw on the TRD exhaust.

As far as the Pro is concerned, that comes down to how much you are willing to spend to get that color, if only the color is what you want. Keep history in mind. At first they came out with inferno exclusively for the TRD Pro, then the next year offered it on SR5's. That could happen again.

As far as leather, I would price out the aftermarket kits installed and see what is worth it to you. No leather in the Pro.

It all comes down to money and it's all coming out of your pockets.

I know I got a better deal on my truck because it was on their lot. If I wanted something they didn't have I'm sure I wouldn't have got as good of a deal.

Good luck!

khunk[OP] likes this.
  3. Sep 22, 2016 at 3:47 PM
    SuperSilverTundra

SuperSilverTundra i didnt pull up i Landed

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Los Angeles California
    Vehicle:
    16 TUNDRA 5.7 PLATINUM-PRO
    3"/1" TOYTEC 18x9 XD818 Heist 295/70r18 COOPER XLT DirtyDeeds BAMuffler 2018 LEDs KatzKin Leather S&B CAI
    I was in your position I wanted the platinum and the pro so instead of overpaying $$ I decided to get he SR5 mod it to a platinum pro I added leather but not from the dealer they wanted way to much so I choose my own leather and was able to get a much better quality leather and for about half the price also was not willing to pay for the wheels that come with the platinum package knowing I was going to change them anyways so you should weigh out your options if you get a SR5 you have a lot more freedom you can upgrade anything you want and will save $$ in the longrun and it will also look 10x better than any truck they have sitting at a dealer imo @khunk

khunk[OP] likes this.
  4. Sep 22, 2016 at 3:52 PM
    khunk

khunk [OP] Tundra Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Marty
    Leland, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM Limited 4x4
    Thanks for insight SSTundra

5. Sep 22, 2016 at 5:13 PM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    I'd say get the SR5 and mod it up to what you want. You can do that and get better parts than the dealer for less money!!

6. Sep 22, 2016 at 6:06 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Mod up an SR5. It's more fun that way too.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    khunk[OP] likes this.
  7. Sep 22, 2016 at 7:34 PM
    Mannishboy

Mannishboy New Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC 4x4 Limited, Blue Ribbon Metallic.
    TRD exhaust, TRD cai, TRD rear sway bar, TRD shift knob, Sequoia front sway bar, bed extender, bed step, Weathertech floor mats and window vents, spray in bed liner, Morimoto fogs, Access tonneau bed cover.
    Don't know where you live, but the Limited has heated leather seats. A nice feature in winters here in Indiana.

khunk[OP] likes this.
  8. Sep 22, 2016 at 7:51 PM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas and Yellow Jackets

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    NE Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2008 Desert Sand 5.7L DC
    In sig
    I'd say get the SR5 and work on the dealer to get the leather installed for a discount.

khunk[OP] likes this.
  9. Sep 23, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    GoHuskers

GoHuskers New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lam
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    '16 Limited CM 5.7L 4x4, '15 GX460 premium
    Limited also have leather steering wheel, auto climate control, navigation, Jbl, and leather (can go aftermarket). I went with the limited instead of sr5, both with trd OR package for about 3000 more.

khunk[OP] and NewImprovedRon like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top