1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adding tow/haul switch to 4.6 SR

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by danny1911, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Apr 27, 2016 at 5:08 AM
    danny1911

danny1911 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Does anyone now if you can add a tow/haul switch to the 2016 4.6 SR. I know that the tundras are prewired for brake control and is plug and play for factory control. So was wondering if truck is prewired for tow/haul?

Thank,
    Dan

2. Apr 27, 2016 at 6:35 AM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    What year is your Tundra (2015 or 2016) and does it have the tow package? If you take off the dash panel, which is easy to do, there would be a large white plug prewired in the dash that plugs into the controller. Search for "brake controller" and you can find a lot of info on adding it.

3. Apr 27, 2016 at 7:38 AM
    mdavis

mdavis Tiger Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra SR5, 5.7, 4X4
    Tow Mirrors, 275/60R20 Toyo AT2's
    I believe he is asking if his truck is prewired for the Tow/Haul button. I do not believe so.

4. Apr 27, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded Wait, what?

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    2011 RCSB 5.7L AWD Tundra
    OEM Upgrades
    If it doesn't have the Tow Package, then I'd be surprised if it were pre-wired. If it has the Tow Package, I would suspect that it would already have a Tow/Haul button. The Tow Package Tow/Haul function changes how the the transmission shifts and the throttle tip in. As the engine and transmission are computer controlled, I would guess that the trucks with/without the Tow Package have differently software programmed to the ECUs. Then there's your final drive ratio....

5. Apr 27, 2016 at 8:24 AM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Yes, I misread his post and thought he was wanting to add the brake controller. Sorry to confuse things....:annoyed:

6. May 14, 2016 at 2:00 PM
    Midwest_Medic

Midwest_Medic New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra SR 4.6 Double Cab
    Only way to tell would be to get behind where it goes and see if wires are there, there is a good possibility that it is prewired for the break controller, I know in the bumper plug there is just a place holder cap and behind it the wires are there for towing so you just need the $45 adapter there that fits in the slot. The fog lights are pre wired on trucks that dont have them the SR versions.

7. May 15, 2016 at 8:08 PM
    kev8537

kev8537 New Member

Member:
    Lewisville tx
    Vehicle:
    2016 red tundra 4.6
    Tow hitch, brake controller, trailer hitch connector
    It is pre-wired for the brake controller behind the panel on the right under the steering wheel.

To Top