1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS Light Right Front

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Jeff@SR5, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Dec 22, 2016 at 10:19 PM
    Jeff@SR5

Jeff@SR5 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Gardner, KS
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max
    LED Cab Lights, Seat Covers, console organizer, color matched hood bulge with platinum grill, plasti dipped in black, Supreme suspensions 3-1 leveling kit, 295/70/18 Copper STT Pros. Chrome covers on handles and mirrors which will be taken off shortly.
    I had a shop put a leveling kit on my 2014 CM. After I picked it up my ABS light went on. Once I got home and turned it off and I turned back on and my 4 HI 4LO lights started flashing and won't go off and my vsc light is on and also won't go off. I am needing my truck for a 6 hr trip is it alright to drive it and what's the cure to all this? Thank you for any help you can give me!!!!

2. Dec 23, 2016 at 5:19 AM
    Jeff@SR5

Jeff@SR5 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Gardner, KS
    Vehicle:
    LED Cab Lights, Seat Covers, console organizer, color matched hood bulge with platinum grill, plasti dipped in black, Supreme suspensions 3-1 leveling kit, 295/70/18 Copper STT Pros. Chrome covers on handles and mirrors which will be taken off shortly.
    They are on in park and in drive

3. Dec 23, 2016 at 8:06 AM
    IB-IN-YA

IB-IN-YA RUNAMUK !!!!!

Member:
    Republic of Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO TUNDRA
    IMG_0777.jpg IMG_0778.jpg When I lifted my truck they didn't secure the ABS wire and it rubbed on the front hub and I had all the same lights going on also. I replace the wire running The ABS (not the sensor ) and it fixed everything. One light did not go off until I drove it about 30 feet. The wire from Toyota cost around 50.00.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  4. Dec 23, 2016 at 9:05 AM
    thoj

thoj New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 black tundra SR5 crewmax 4x4
    Same thing happened to me when I got lifted. I just soldered them back and all lights went off, also I would suggest putting wire loom of some sort to protect it. Every once in a while I check it and it still shows rubbing on the hub so that wire loom will def help. Oh and wire loom the other side as well, after a few months same thing happened to the other side abs wire.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  5. Dec 23, 2016 at 9:28 AM
    sdhq_offroad

sdhq_offroad New Member Vendor

Member:
    GILBERT, AZ
    14burrito and NewImprovedRon like this.
  6. Dec 23, 2016 at 10:20 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Abs wheel sensor.

7. Dec 24, 2016 at 6:30 PM
    Jeff@SR5

Jeff@SR5 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Gardner, KS
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for all your advice. I called the shop that installed it and they wanted me to come in and they would solder the wire but I had my doubts so I just took it to Toyota and the wire was pulled out of the bracket. $428 (Merry Christmas) later it was fixed this is just the wire not the sensor. Now I am trying to get the other shop reimburse me for it but not going well

Products Discussed in

To Top