1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A Man and His Truck

Discussion in '3rd Gen Builds (2014+)' started by BOBONTUESDAY, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Apr 13, 2016 at 12:04 PM
    BOBONTUESDAY

BOBONTUESDAY [OP] New Member

Member:
    This will be a very picture heavy and slow build. I want to try and keep this a slow build and enjoy every stage of it till I feel it's done. Which will probably be never. I'm planning to keep this truck to at least 200k or till I total it. There might also be parts of the Tacoma's life here and there also. So here it is my next truck.
    3/8/2016 Picked her up 2016 double cab Limited TRD Premium Package
    Had a Tacoma and a few trucks before that. Hit 215 on the last one before I knew it was time to move on. That was a great truck and I hope this one can do half as much as the last one.
    [​IMG]
    3/9/2016 First tow truck took it like a champ. The trailer on the other hand was not having it. At the time this trailer was biggest I wanted to go with the Tacoma. Trailers not more than a few months old and I'm already thinking I might need a bigger one. But this trailer has a pretty good story behind it, I went down to Iowa to pick the trailer up and my cotter pin fell out some how causing the shank to come out and then sparks went flying. Luckily it was about 1 am and no one was on the road and there was a snow storm which didn't help. I had a friend with me and they had an asthma attack and my little inverter burnt out on me right there, so I called for an ambulance and some of the sheriffs deputies showed up. They were nice enough to give me a cotter pin. Thank you Jackson County Sheiriff's Department. That was one hell of a trip but we made it. And with my luck the next morning I couldn't get my Tacoma"s drivers side parking brake to release. Moral of the story is carry an extra cotter pin and check the weather.
    [​IMG]
    3/10/2016 First thing I did before letting anyone in was some rubber floor mats and seat covers and scotch guard.
    [​IMG]
    Another must was getting some Linex done. My Tacoma was on it's second bed. I didn't want to do the same thing with this one.
    [​IMG]
    Once again towed it like nothing was there
    [​IMG]
    They finally met. The Tacoma was at a full service car wash for 3 days.
    [​IMG]
    3/12/2016 Threw in a light bar I had in garage. Wired to my high beams for now. Should hold me out till I get time to do a proper retrofit and get some better light bars in.
    [​IMG]
    Also put some pods in for the fogs. I'm still waiting for my rigid brackets to come in so I just threw em in the stock housing for now. Also I painted the reflectors black just to see how it looks.
    [​IMG]
    A car pulled out right in front of me. No contact but it did flip my drink over. Gotta say the cup holders clean up easily.
    [​IMG]
    3/15/2016 Didn't take long to get this one muddy
    [​IMG]
    Old truck blew out an axle seal second time on this side. This one only lasted 75k.
    [​IMG]
    3/16/2016 All cleaned up and back at it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3/25/2016 Here it is for now. I'm planning to bring here up a few inches and change out things here and there. As it moves on. Broke 3000 miles today also. Been a great truck so far and hope she stays the same way another 100 thousand from now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3/28/16- Threw in a Genssi 40 Rain did not help. They're still hooked up to the high beams for a switch. I'm still trying to decide where I'd like to cut a hole for a switch bay. Also I'm not sure where to put the blue sea fuse box The Tacoma had some room near the battery this one not so much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3/29/16- Got the Rigid Fog brackets in.
    [​IMG]
    3/31/16- Tried giving the truck a lean with some unbalanced trailer weight. Still felt like nothing was there.
    [​IMG]
    4/1/16- My next mod might be to wrap the entire interior in plastic.
    [​IMG]
    4/2/16-Got my Hella Supertones today put em in but didn't have time to wire them to the relay so I connected them to the stock wiring and they sound weak. When I get a chance to I'll throw in a relay. On the next picture if look close enough you can see two of my goons. Still considering a dump trailer as I'm getting sick of the doors and wasting time unloading.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4/5/16-Doing some pin stripping.
    [​IMG]
    4/9/16- Met up with a buddy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4/11/16- Plasti dipped my emblem just for kicks. Hit 5000 miles 200 miles ago. Still loving this truck just gonna need to get the inside cleaned up again.
    [​IMG]

FirstGenTundra and Sean266 like this.
  2. Apr 13, 2016 at 5:30 PM
    Nor7

Nor7 Chilton Manual Guy

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra 4.6L Double Cab
    Wow, great thread. I thought you were going to take it slow lol! You've done more to yours than I have done to my 2011 and I just rolled 105,000 miles yesterday.

And don't worry, mine drives and handles just as good today as when it was brand new. And still handles a trailer like a kid dragging a piece of toilet paper on his shoe.

BOBONTUESDAY and FirstGenTundra like this.
  3. Apr 13, 2016 at 7:03 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra Adrenaline Addict

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14' Black TRD CM
    TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) TRD Pro Grill BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox Dipped wheels & bumpers Undercover Swingcase SunTek Paint Protection film Yellow Lamin-X Fog Overlays Tint Bedmat
    Nice build!

4. Apr 13, 2016 at 7:05 PM
    Sean266

Sean266 #ThinBlueLine Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Sub'd to read :popcorn:

5. Apr 13, 2016 at 7:11 PM
    FirstGenTundra

FirstGenTundra ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra TRD
    Beautiful truck!!! Great wright up! Keep it up!

6. Apr 13, 2016 at 7:11 PM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas, Coronas and 'Merica

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Eastern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Desert Sand 2008 Tundra TRD
    In sig
    Lookin forward to this build!

To Top