1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2023) SAN G. Family Reunion 9/22-24

Discussion in 'California' started by blktruck, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Sep 9, 2020 at 11:21 PM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    Just let me know where I can pick up that set of icon rims please in a size 17 and tundra lug pattern. Thank you.

2. Sep 10, 2020 at 4:07 AM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    2020SUCKS

3. Sep 10, 2020 at 6:35 AM
    blktruck

blktruck [OP] The White Privilege

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    SoCal 562
    Okay Guys I’m calling it. From pandemic to fire. Last night the fire cross the 38 which puts it at about 6 miles away. I hope San G survives 2020, I hope we all survive 2020.
    I’ll organize small meets to give out t-shits. If you know me hit me up You can pick them up from my house.
    Please everyone be safe and stay healthy. Love you family because time is not promised.
    I love you SanG Family we will meet again next year the 6th redux!

Thanks for being a part of the magic.

4. Sep 10, 2020 at 6:37 AM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for all your work, Oscar! I know it would have been a highlight of my year!

5. Sep 10, 2020 at 7:37 AM
    blktruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    SoCal 562
    2020 is not over. It will end on a high and we can still get you a highlight!

Rica25 and eccracer104 like this.
  6. Sep 10, 2020 at 7:46 AM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    I appreciate getting that in writing:
    97BCE086-C1E1-4557-ABAF-8A0FA40FF551.jpg
    Oscar for President! :oldglory:

7. Sep 10, 2020 at 7:57 AM
    alwzdfiant

alwzdfiant New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crew Max
    Is there the possibility of a different location?

8. Sep 10, 2020 at 9:03 AM
    Marty McFly

Marty McFly Nobody calls me chicken!! Except when off roading

Member:
    First Name:
    Morty McBoonJug
    McBoonJug = McDonald’s and Moonshine in a Jug
    Vehicle:
    2016 StormTrooper Tundra CrewMax TRD PRO

saybng, nishibot, Rica25 and 2 others like this.
  9. Sep 10, 2020 at 10:31 AM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    Just want to say thank you for everything u and your team did to try to make this event happen. Seems like you had things figured out until this fire came and ruined everything. See you next year for sure!!

10. Sep 10, 2020 at 6:40 PM
    blktruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    SoCal 562
    The magic comes from SanG.

If you want Disney, SeaWorld is not going to cut it.

some guys had alts I’m mind but they are quite about it. Ask around make a decision and invite. That’s how you find your group. Make friends.

Marty McFly, Rica25, nishibot and 2 others like this.
  11. Sep 10, 2020 at 7:03 PM
    alwzdfiant

alwzdfiant New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crew Max
    Yea I definitely wanted to experience the magic :(:(

Marty McFly, Rica25, Sunnier and 2 others like this.
  12. Sep 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM
    eccracer104

eccracer104 Dirty Paws Off-Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tundra 5.7 4x4 CM
    The magic of San G is well...magical!

It may be off for this year, but certainly isn’t over.
    Keep your eyes and ears peeled for the Superstition trip which usually lands the end of January. Also a great trip! Started on TW, but the Tundra fam has begun to join :fistbump:

13. Sep 13, 2020 at 5:15 PM
    newguy

newguy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2016 CM TRD off road limited.
    TRD Dual Exhaut TRD Pro wheels BFG KO2 275/70/18 GoRhino RB20s Blacked out tail lights Bilstein 6112/5160 combo Coach builder +1 in the rear
    Well, looking forward to next year already.

14. Sep 18, 2020 at 1:21 PM
    blktruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    SoCal 562
    On a sad note we lost a fire fighter yesterday. I don't have details but he died while fighting the El Dorado Fire (SanG Fire).

From images on Tv and the internet the fire is on the east side of the 38 hwy. It's down the street and across the hwy.

From a report last night they were at 66% contained but that can change with the weather.

I'm paying no one else gets hurt and the campground is un harmed.

Rica25 likes this.
  15. Sep 18, 2020 at 1:36 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Me too! :pray:

I hope for no more loss of life, and also that San G is spared. There’s a lake on the East side of San G, a short hike away from San G— it’d be another big loss if that area doesn’t make it. So much damage this year. :(

eccracer104 and Rica25 like this.
  16. Sep 18, 2020 at 1:50 PM
    blktruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    SoCal 562
    This is the fire that started while gender-reveal...

This could have been avoided...:(

17. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:23 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    With loss of life, I’’ thinking this stopped being limited to civil liability. I wonder what criminal charges that couple will face. Nothing good here. And... poor kid.

eccracer104, Rica25 and Tundyfundy like this.
  18. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:24 PM
    blktruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    SoCal 562
    For those of you looking to cancel & get a refund I have some information.

1877-444-6777 is the number to request cancellation they will charge you the cancellation fees but you can ask them to submit a refund request due to the fire.
    I tried to do it at once for everyone, request the refund but there system is outdated and it will have to be done manually.

Call get your refund I was told the campsite will not be open.

Rica25 and fisherman951 like this.
  19. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:37 PM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    Thanks for the info

Rica25 and blktruck[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  20. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Oscar... I understood that, if we cancel we have to pay the fee, but if the campground is closed, they’ll refund automatically and we won’t pay a fee...?

Rica25 likes this.
  21. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:43 PM
    alwzdfiant

alwzdfiant New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crew Max
    I got an email reminder this morning for my reservation and nothing was mentioned about the closure. You can also cancel on recreation.gov

Rica25 likes this.
  22. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:44 PM
    Tundyfundy

Tundyfundy Petunia The Tundra, and her sidekick Colbie

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey DC SR5 4x4 2016
    SUSPENSION: Bilstein 6112 coilover (1.9") w/ Powder Coated Springs and Spring Perch (TRD Red), JBA Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5160's w/Billet Aluminium Reservoir Brackets, +2 Coachbuilder Shackles, Diff Drop Kit, Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, Brakeline Extensions, ABS Extension, Poly Bushings for Leafs, Coachbuilder Shims (2 Each Side), Coachbuilder Bumpstop Extensions, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Front Sway Bar, Air Lift 5000 airbags w jounce bumpers, Daystar Airbag Cradles WHEELS AND TIRES: BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/r18, BORA wheel spacers 1.25", TRD Wheel Caps,TRD Valve Stem Caps, Spare Tire Lock PERFORMANCE: Bullydog GT Tuner(Performance Tune), TRD Intake, TRD Dual Exhaust (with Modified Exhaust Hangers for Levelling Tail Pipe),TRD Brake Pads, TRD Oil Cap (US), TRD Radiator Cap, TRD Oil Filter, Optima Yellow Top Battery,GP Battery Distribution Blocks, StopTech Slotted Cryo Treated Rotors, Goodridge G-Stop Steel Braided Brake Line Kit PROTECTION: PNP Engineering Type 4 Rock Sliders (With Full Dimple Plate) ,ADD Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper w Red/Blk Shackles and Custom Stomp Pad, TRD Skid Plate with ReadyLift Spacer Kit, Victory 4x4 LCA Skid Plates, JOMAX ABS Sensor Armor, Rear Diff Breather Mod, ARK splash guards INTERIOR: Husky Liners X-Act (Front and Full Coverage Rear and Front Weather Beater Trans Hump), Interior LED Bulbs, WheelSkins Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover(EuroPerf), Clazzio Genuine Leather Seat Covers(BLK/DRK GRYwith custom stitching and embroidered headrests), Clazzio Seat Heaters (Front and Rear), Entune Startup Screen MOD, Entune Off Screen Mod, Tinted Windows with Windshield Visor, AJT Key Fobs,Eagle Claws Floor Mat Clips, Bodyglove Visor Organizer,Custom Door Cup Inserts, Glass Break Sensor,AJT Radio Knobs, Custom Dior Cup Inserts EXTERIOR: Full Debadge, LED Brake Light Bulbs, LED Rear Turns, LED Reverse, LED Plate Lights, LED Cargo Lights, LED Third Brake Lights, LED Front Marker Lights, LED Fog Light Bulbs, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers (Amber),2018 OEM LED Headlights, iHacker harness, VLED Universal Puddle Lights, VLED Interior Footwell Lighting (Front and Rear),VLED Extreme Amber Fornt Turns, NSV Knight Rider Light bar, Baja Designs Sport Squadron Pods in Rear Bumper (Driving/wide), Painted Red Tow-hooks, Bed Rail System, Blind Spot Mirrors, Hitch-safe, Tail-gate lock, EAG Raptor Grille, Custom Grille Badge,Full Vinyl Wrap (Matte Black/Matte Pine Green Mettalic), Charvonia Designs Tie Bed Tie-Downs, Bull Ring Bed Rail Anchors, Line-X, Tundra Bed Mat, Bakflip F1 Bed Cover SOUND: Noico 80Mil Sound Deadening and Noico 170 Mil Thermal Insulation (All 4 Doors, Roof, Floors, Rear Panel, Dash). Hertz Uno K170's Component Speakers (Front Doors with Upgraded Sail Panels), Hertz Uno K170 Coaxial Speakers (Rear Doors), JBL C1-075ct Tweeters (Total 4) in Side Dash and Center Speaker, JBL Stadium 5 Amp w/Remote Bass Adjustment Knob and Amp Rack, 12" Infinity Reference Subwoofer in Custom Enclosure w/ “TUNDRA” Logo, Fast Rings Foam Speaker Rings System(4 Doors), Fix 86 DSP
    I cancelled my group site and got no refund. They said the closure is only slated till the 21st but we all know that is probably going to be extended. They said call back when the closure is extended and they will submit a request. Sounds like it is a central call center for the whole country not just so.Cal.

Rica25 likes this.
  23. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:45 PM
    Tundyfundy

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    SUSPENSION: Bilstein 6112 coilover (1.9") w/ Powder Coated Springs and Spring Perch (TRD Red), JBA Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5160's w/Billet Aluminium Reservoir Brackets, +2 Coachbuilder Shackles, Diff Drop Kit, Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, Brakeline Extensions, ABS Extension, Poly Bushings for Leafs, Coachbuilder Shims (2 Each Side), Coachbuilder Bumpstop Extensions, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Front Sway Bar, Air Lift 5000 airbags w jounce bumpers, Daystar Airbag Cradles WHEELS AND TIRES: BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/r18, BORA wheel spacers 1.25", TRD Wheel Caps,TRD Valve Stem Caps, Spare Tire Lock PERFORMANCE: Bullydog GT Tuner(Performance Tune), TRD Intake, TRD Dual Exhaust (with Modified Exhaust Hangers for Levelling Tail Pipe),TRD Brake Pads, TRD Oil Cap (US), TRD Radiator Cap, TRD Oil Filter, Optima Yellow Top Battery,GP Battery Distribution Blocks, StopTech Slotted Cryo Treated Rotors, Goodridge G-Stop Steel Braided Brake Line Kit PROTECTION: PNP Engineering Type 4 Rock Sliders (With Full Dimple Plate) ,ADD Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper w Red/Blk Shackles and Custom Stomp Pad, TRD Skid Plate with ReadyLift Spacer Kit, Victory 4x4 LCA Skid Plates, JOMAX ABS Sensor Armor, Rear Diff Breather Mod, ARK splash guards INTERIOR: Husky Liners X-Act (Front and Full Coverage Rear and Front Weather Beater Trans Hump), Interior LED Bulbs, WheelSkins Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover(EuroPerf), Clazzio Genuine Leather Seat Covers(BLK/DRK GRYwith custom stitching and embroidered headrests), Clazzio Seat Heaters (Front and Rear), Entune Startup Screen MOD, Entune Off Screen Mod, Tinted Windows with Windshield Visor, AJT Key Fobs,Eagle Claws Floor Mat Clips, Bodyglove Visor Organizer,Custom Door Cup Inserts, Glass Break Sensor,AJT Radio Knobs, Custom Dior Cup Inserts EXTERIOR: Full Debadge, LED Brake Light Bulbs, LED Rear Turns, LED Reverse, LED Plate Lights, LED Cargo Lights, LED Third Brake Lights, LED Front Marker Lights, LED Fog Light Bulbs, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers (Amber),2018 OEM LED Headlights, iHacker harness, VLED Universal Puddle Lights, VLED Interior Footwell Lighting (Front and Rear),VLED Extreme Amber Fornt Turns, NSV Knight Rider Light bar, Baja Designs Sport Squadron Pods in Rear Bumper (Driving/wide), Painted Red Tow-hooks, Bed Rail System, Blind Spot Mirrors, Hitch-safe, Tail-gate lock, EAG Raptor Grille, Custom Grille Badge,Full Vinyl Wrap (Matte Black/Matte Pine Green Mettalic), Charvonia Designs Tie Bed Tie-Downs, Bull Ring Bed Rail Anchors, Line-X, Tundra Bed Mat, Bakflip F1 Bed Cover SOUND: Noico 80Mil Sound Deadening and Noico 170 Mil Thermal Insulation (All 4 Doors, Roof, Floors, Rear Panel, Dash). Hertz Uno K170's Component Speakers (Front Doors with Upgraded Sail Panels), Hertz Uno K170 Coaxial Speakers (Rear Doors), JBL C1-075ct Tweeters (Total 4) in Side Dash and Center Speaker, JBL Stadium 5 Amp w/Remote Bass Adjustment Knob and Amp Rack, 12" Infinity Reference Subwoofer in Custom Enclosure w/ “TUNDRA” Logo, Fast Rings Foam Speaker Rings System(4 Doors), Fix 86 DSP
    yes, go to reservation details and click
    "Cancel" on the bottom of the screen

Rica25 likes this.
  24. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:46 PM
    alwzdfiant

alwzdfiant New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crew Max
    4087611F-8EF7-4513-B6A0-8BA2E79108F4.jpg Looks like they charge 18$ cancellation fee

Rica25 likes this.
  25. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:48 PM
    Tundyfundy

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    Apparently group sites are non refundable within 2 weeks of the reservation.

Rica25 likes this.
  26. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:51 PM
    alwzdfiant

alwzdfiant New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crew Max
    Well that’s pretty lame.

Rica25 likes this.
  27. Sep 18, 2020 at 2:53 PM
    P-Factor

P-Factor New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Double Cab
    TRD Sway Bar, TRD Exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake
    Kudos blktruck!! :thumbsup: Great continued initiative from a non-qualified resident!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Rica25 likes this.
  28. Sep 18, 2020 at 5:49 PM
    blktruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Oscar
    SoCal 562
    Their system is out dated. Please call the number 1877-444-6777
    Leave your call back number or wait for an agent and request the cancellation and the 18.00 fee to be returned.
    I spoke with an agent today. And the refund has to be requested manually. That’s the phone call.

The fire is across from the campground. The campground is locked down. There will be no in or outs. The emails you got were automatically generated.
    I understand it’s frustrating when things go south but let’s remember it’s a small price to pay for the magic we get. I’m requesting a phone call with the US Forest Service and try to adopt SanG and maybe help restore if needed. I don’t see this happening any time soon but I want to start the process now.

I’ll keep you all in the loop if I get anywhere. This might be an opening for a new way to hold our yearly San G trip.

stay safe and call to cancel and request the refund.

29. Sep 18, 2020 at 5:57 PM
    alwzdfiant

alwzdfiant New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra Crew Max
    Thanks for going above and beyond!

eccracer104 and Rica25 like this.
  30. Sep 21, 2020 at 10:28 AM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    I just received and email that my reservation was cancelled and refund issued due to fires. Any one else?

Sunnier likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top